Would you accept this scenario?

You really think that will happen?
The dipper brigade will immediately say, “Come back and see us when you've won six”. The rag brigade will say, “Come back and see us when you've won three”. Real Madrid will say, “Give us a call when you've won fourteen, newbies”.
And everyone will say, “Do it without oil money and it'll mean something”.
I just don't care what others say about my club, when it is so palpably in bad faith. I don't even bother to engage the conversation in pubs and suchlike any more. Look, the players do want it, the owners do want it, and Pep clearly wants it. I'll be prepared to want it on their behalf.
Our achievements will never be enough in the eyes of those clubs and fans and the media… and even if we were ever up at Peñarol/Nacional Rangers/Celtic level of trophies won and were ahead of Real Madrid’s CL haul, youre right, people would still be saying it doesn’t mean anything because it wouldn’t happen without ‘Oil Money’.

There's only a monkey on your back if you allow it to be there.
The 17-18 side played, I believe, the greatest football that's been seen in the PL. By any reasonable criterion, it was a great side.
And yes, I would like us to win the CL. But no-one should be talking about sacrificing, prioritising, in my view.
Got to disagree to be honest. The monkey is most definitely on Pep's back and he all but admitted as much.
It's the only stick the media have left to beat us with. Just how much would we like to take that stick off them? I most certainly would. To win the CL and finish second in the PL would hardly be a bad season by anyone's standards I would reckon ;-)

Got to disagree to be honest. The monkey is most definitely on Pep's back and he all but admitted as much.
It's the only stick the media have left to beat us with. Just how much would we like to take that stick off them? I most certainly would. To win the CL and finish second in the PL would hardly be a bad season by anyone's standards I would reckon ;-)

I’ll take that deal as long as we come second to Arteta, Gabby and Zinchenko.

I’ll take that deal as long as we come second to Arteta, Gabby and Zinchenko.
Southern redshirts, I’d rather shove a rusty screwdriver up my Jap’s eye than Arsenal win the league.

Arteta can get fucked.

A few weeks on and I suspect most people would, we have been pathetic against Southampton and poor then cheated in the league. Maybe this is our year for Champions league

Ok so this is all hypothetical but..,

Would you take the League finishing as it is if City were guaranteed champions league victory?

OK so the bad news is Arsenal win the league!
City win the champions league!
City win the FA Cup
City go out of League Cup, it is won by a team outside the media top 6
Chelsea, United and Liverpool all miss out on Champions league
Leeds are relegated

View attachment 58947
Hell no!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.