would you be disappointed with this summer return?

Mainstay of our team

Hart
Richards
Zabaletta
Kompany
Lescott
Toure
Kolorov
NDJ
Milner
Barry
Yaya
Silva
AJ
Tevez
Balotelli
Dzeko
plus reserve keeper.

Total 17 players

Only 18 players can get on pitch and bench, to have more expensive players means you have them sitting in the stands. Although the names mentioned don't give me that WOW factor (apart from Nasri) all the players have a specific role to play and fill in for inadequacies last year. We only need players like Kolorv etc to up their game again, the squad above was certainly playing like a team at the end of the season all I am hoping for is a collective improvement again and avoid those long term injuries and suspensions which cost us dear last season. Quietly confident is where I am at.

Not disappointed exactly - but I think we are still looking at 2 more players to come in. A striker and maybe a creative DM (Alonso sort of role) is my guess and BM already said he wants a striker.

Aguero and Montolivo is my guess (and hope). De Rossi would be superb but would be difficult to prise him from Roma although I understand he's been stalling on signing a new contract?

Andouble said:
Cerci, Savic, Clichy, and Nasri.

the people who wanted summers like the past 2 would probably be disappointed, but we'd have gotten a left-sided defender, a CB, depth in wide positions, and some much needed creativitiy. And by the time all the sales happened, we wouldn't have spent crazy money, but our team would be improved.

Cerci will replace SWP in the squad - and should get used more

Clichy will fight AK for 1st choice LB - and probably win (at least rotation)

Nasri will be 1st team where Yaya plays - Yaya to drop back and partner NDJ with Barry & Milner as rotation (wierdly enough a Vieira replacement in a roundabout way)

Savic is a "futures" thing I think but may get the odd game - Boyata/Savic will rerplace Boateng

Aguero (I hope) - gives us 4 out and out strikers (but our front 4 in a 4-2-3-1 to be rotated between Tevez, Aguero, Balotelli, Dzeko, Johnson, Silva, Cerci, Nasri) I can see AJ and Cerci getting not so many games as the others........

GK - Hart, Given, Gonzalez/Taylor
Def - Zabba, Micah, Kolo, Lescott, VK, AK, Clichy, Vertonghen/Nedum?, Boyata (U21), Savic (U21)
Def Mid/Mid - Barry, Milner, Yaya, NDJ, MJ?
Forwards/AM - Tevez, Aguero, Balotelli (U21), Dzeko, Johnson, Silva, Cerci, Nasri

Only 23 over 21's (and that includes Ned/ANother and MJ) - maybe another signing on top?

Something people forget is we need 4 City trained and 10 UK trained for the squad - good reason to keep MJ and Ned or we'd have to register U21's to make the numbers............

We need 4 home-grown - Micah, MJ?, Nedum? & Boyata? - good reason for keeping Ned on........

And 10 Association? - Micah, MJ?, Nedum? Boyata, Milner, Barry, Clichy, Hart, Given, Lescott, Johnson (11)

It's not so much incomings I'd be dissappointed with but the outgoings. I'd be annoyed to still have ade,bellamy,bridge,rsc,jo and boateng on the books on sept 1st. Regarding players in, I'd be happy with Clichy and Mata, unless Tevez or Given leave then obviously replacements for either or both.

Wouldn't be disappointed in that bunch. Only if we didn't at least pursue Kun Aguero to some extent. He is world class and players like him aren't often available.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.