would you be disappointed with this summer return?

Seriously, will people please stop mentioning Aguero? It looks likely that Tevez is staying, so we simply cannot get away with having 4 strikers of the quality of Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli and Aguero. It just doesn't work like that. If we sign a 4th striker, i'd suggest it will either be a winger/forward who can play on the right (like Sanchez) or it will be a young, talented prospect that can be nurtured in Carling Cup games (eg Lukaku, or someone like that). Please, forget about Aguero.

Andouble said:
Cerci, Savic, Clichy, and Nasri.

the people who wanted summers like the past 2 would probably be disappointed, but we'd have gotten a left-sided defender, a CB, depth in wide positions, and some much needed creativitiy. And by the time all the sales happened, we wouldn't have spent crazy money, but our team would be improved.

Yes, very disappointed. We need to do better than that

Andouble said:
Cerci, Savic, Clichy, and Nasri.

the people who wanted summers like the past 2 would probably be disappointed, but we'd have gotten a left-sided defender, a CB, depth in wide positions, and some much needed creativitiy. And by the time all the sales happened, we wouldn't have spent crazy money, but our team would be improved.

Not particularly interested or excited by Cerci nor Savic one bit. Clichy is a possible risk as thought he was shite last season. But Nasri for me is a fucking magic player. I'd be happy with Nasri and one other. I think we only need one or two signings per season from now on because signing six and seven players fucks up half the season as they only perform well as a team sporadically and are often shite as they haven't gelled. If we didn't sign one player this summer I think we'd still be better than last season as the whole squad will have gelled better so higher quality performances would be more frequent throughout the season.

So I'd be chuffed with Nasri and one other.

im not so sure myself..

i knew we wouldn't be spending massive amounts like previous summers but to take us to the premier league title we just need that extra bit of quality and experience..

im not sure any of the players mentioned here have got that..

Forzacitizens said:
im not so sure myself..

i knew we wouldn't be spending massive amounts like previous summers but to take us to the premier league title we just need that extra bit of quality and experience..

im not sure any of the players mentioned here have got that..
Why do we have to win the title next season? (well the answer to that is that we don't, not yet!). I think the number one aim next season is consolidating ourselves as a top three side. If that comes with the title than great but the title seriously does not have to be won next season. I think we should build slowly towards winning it over the next two seasons (four windows). Let's be realistic, every place higher we want to finish will be even more difficult. And the best two clubs over the last 7-8 years will be much much better than last season so let's not start saying the title should be won next season.

Cerci, Savic, Nasri and Clichy?
Disappointed sounds a bit spoiled bratish after what we have had but having signed the likes of:Tevez Adebayor Balotelli Yaya Silva and Dzecko in the last couple of years the only one who really has anything like that kind of profile is Nasri so I would be slightly suprised if that was the limit of our signings.

Clichy looks a solid signing but I know nothing of Cerci and Savic so will have limited expectations of them if they come, hopefully they have been well scouted if we sign them.

I think we have a great team and will look forward with great anticipation to the new season no matter who we sign but I think we may have at least one more big signing up our sleeve and suspect that if we are to compete with a strengthened Utd and Chelsea as well as in the champions league we need a little bit more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.