Would you ever stop supporting City?

If we become so successful that every shit bag wannabe football supporter started supporting us without knowing anything about our past and wearing their plastic replica jerseys i would feel like these imposters had diluted that sense of unique pride we have in our football team. I would never stop being a City fan but not with the same passion

What a stupid question! Any true blue would never even think of giving up their support. Like has been said. Would not want some prick with a drum in the ground. But I would still go on supporting city. I turned up all the way through the inflatable craze. Nothing can put me off. The only thing that may stop me ever renewing my season ticket. Would be the day they increase the price beyond my means. But that would not mean I did not support them. City till I die & if there's an after life. There as well!

gerrygowsjockstrap said:
What a stupid question! Any true blue would never even think of giving up their support. Like has been said. Would not want some prick with a drum in the ground. But I would still go on supporting city. I turned up all the way through the inflatable craze. Nothing can put me off. The only thing that may stop me ever renewing my season ticket. Would be the day they increase the price beyond my means. But that would not mean I did not support them. City till I die & if there's an after life. There as well!

I'll leave my drum at home then shall I ? ;)

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
MCFC BOB said:
I'm going to have to start going less in about a year or two, and giving up my seasoncard will be hard, but my girlfriend is supposed to be moving here in around a year or two, so I've got to help her settle in here.

Thai Bride?
haha

In a sense it is a difficult one to answer. What is it that defines a football club? What is it that makes it what it is?

Is it the players? Well it can't be, as there's no real connection between the players and the fans now, not in any real sense.

Is it the kit? I don't think so, at least up to a point. Although I feel a great connection to the sky blue, did I feel any less love for the club when they sported the abortion that was 'laser blue'? No. And anyway the kit is merely an extension of the marketing machine now, for better or worse.

Is it the ground? Clearly not. Ditto the badge.

Is it the owners? I suspect not. They can define a club to a certain extent, but no-one loves a club because of the owners (although they may love what the owners do with the club).

Is it the fans? To some extent, but that cannot be the end of it.

I think that being as fan a football club (and especially City) involves an emotional connection that runs so deep that it would be impossible to shake off. I must confess that I did lose a bit of that connection myself when Stuart Pearce was in charge, but the thought of not supporting City never entered my head for a second. It just became much harder to become enthusiastic about the club, which is why the last two years has been such a breath of fresh air.

So I suspect any notions that you, or any other true City fan, has of stopping supporting City are in the realms of fantasy, because when push comes to shove it would prove impossible for any fan to walk away whatever form the club took in the future.

Foam hands are wank though.

MCFC BOB said:
I'm going to have to start going less in about a year or two, and giving up my seasoncard will be hard, but my girlfriend is supposed to be moving here in around a year or two, so I've got to help her settle in here.

behave

I've been a City fan ever since i attended my first match at Maine Road back in the late sixties , i was just 12 years of age .....

so at the ripe old age of 54 , i ain't gonna pack in supportin' them now , that's for sure!

DannyBoy2890 said:
MCFC BOB said:

behave
Arent you 16? I'd tell her manchester is a shithole and keep it a long distance thing mate!

To the topic : No. What else would i spend all my money on and what else would i do at the weekends?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.