Would you give up the Carabao Cup

Whether it would be taken off the records or not is largely irrelevant, we all had the cup run, we all had our day at Wembley and saw city win another cup, the memories are what makes it, if they records were wiped out memories don’t go with it.

whilst it’s inevitable Liverpool were/are going to win the league, they haven’t yet had that moment of actually doing it. Whatever happens with this season, even if they waited a year and finished the season legitimately Liverpool fans won’t get the same delight you’d ordinarily get from winning the league and definitely not from winning the league for the first time in 30 years.

They won’t get their Aguero moment, they won’t get their West Ham moment, they won’t get their Brighton moment, they won’t even get their United losing and handing them the title moment. Remember our centurion season when we knew the league was ours by Christmas there wasn’t the same feel of euphoria when united handed us the title because we knew it was coming with as close to certainty as you can get for so long, well times that by 10 and that’s about how the dippers will feel.

It will have been dragged out for so long with the inevitability of them winning it that nobody will give a shit if/when they actually do and even their own fans will have to force the celebrations. Whatever happens from now they’re best ever season has been crashed and that’s good enough for me.

The league cup is a different competition so stands likewise the FA cup the CL and the EL could yet be completed as there is the winter break where they all could play, the EPL will be voided as it is over 90 games with no time to play it, pushing it back will cost everyone, as for Aguero`s record it will stand just like liverpool`s record winning streak.
But the main point is City`s men, women and youth are the only English team to have won anything domestically for a second season :)
They only equaled our win streak in one season,they shit their pants in the game to break it

I really couldn’t give a fuck. Finals are about the moment of winning for me. No one takes that away. How many trophies we have on a tour of the ground doesn’t interest me in the slightest.
Bang on the money. For all we care they could declare this year’s cup null and void, it wouldn’t matter a jot. The only thing that truly matters is the feeling the fans and players have when that whistle blows.

Rumours are that the National League (Conference, Conference North & South) is going to call an early end and complete the season as it stands. It needs to be ratified by the FA.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.