would you sack the medical staff now ?

That season was the exception, the Times printed an article the other day showing how Injuries for the Premier league have gone up over the past few years. They also printed a league of injuries over the last few years and we were very much mid table, so about average not the best but far from the worst. Considering our players play and travel more than most I'm not sure we can expect any great improvement.
Improvement is possible and Arsenal showed it this season hiring new guy and dropping their injuries by 50%. Of course you can't avoid all injuries but just as you need world class players to beat other teams you need world class medical team to have as low number of injuries as possible. I'm not sure our are Barcelona of medical teams. Not even City.

CXVtZr4WsAAEThJ.jpg

If I read this correctly, then Chelsea became champions because they largely kept their big players fitter than we did with ours. As we have seen in the current season, our fitness management is lagging somewhat but would probably be 'cheaper' if those affected players were the likes of Fernando, Willy and Delph but unfortunately its not and instead its the expensive, or more talented players, who suffer the most. It will be interesting to correlate the 2015-16 seasons figures with our end of season placing and then a sound judgement could be found.

Improvement is possible and Arsenal showed it this season hiring new guy and dropping their injuries by 50%. Of course you can't avoid all injuries but just as you need world class players to beat other teams you need world class medical team to have as low number of injuries as possible. I'm not sure our are Barcelona of medical teams. Not even City.
Arsenal still have more injuries than we do. Not to say we can't improve, just not by as much as some think we can and we are not as bad as some perceive.

Arsenal still have more injuries than we do. Not to say we can't improve, just not by as much as some think we can and we are not as bad as some perceive.

Not true. They are below us in each injury stat this season. there is a link somehwere few pages ago.

I'd put them all in a blender and get Vinny and Sergio to do shots. Meanwhile we could bring a TV Evangelist and a Faith Healer on board. If we get less injuries, it proves we made the right decision. If not, we'll have to rely on other extremely well qualified medical professionals not seeing us for the vicious, know it all, bloodthirsty animals we are and talk a couple into replacing Kompany's bones with adamantium and muscle tissue with vulcanised rubber.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.