would you sack the medical staff now ?

No. Because I know absolutely nothing of how the medical staff are ran, maintained, etc...and neither do you.

Some interesting stats in today's Sunday Times for 14/15 season.

Total days lost through injury:
City 1464
PL average 1583

Number of injuries:
City 59
PL average 64

Injuries lasting more than 10 days:
City 38
PL average 38

Ave days missed per injury:
City 24.l average 25.3
I have a feeling that 15/16 as far as City are concerned will be worse than these. But really its not the number of players in a squad who suffer their injuries, its the quality of the affected players that hurts, and with long term injuries to major players such as Zabba, Clichy, Vinnie, Merlin, Nasri and Kun, then its no wonder that questions have to be asked especially when many of these problems began in training. Getting these players fit, and keeping them fit, is crucial. If we had been fortunate enough to do that, we would be well on our way to picking up the title and at least one of the cups, but we haven't been that fortunate and this perceived mismanagement of players fitness could kill us.

Bring Dr Philip Batty back.
Getting rid was the worst thing City have done since the takeover.

Some interesting stats in today's Sunday Times for 14/15 season.

Total days lost through injury:
City 1464
PL average 1583

Number of injuries:
City 59
PL average 64

Injuries lasting more than 10 days:
City 38
PL average 38

Ave days missed per injury:
City 24.8
Pl average 25.3

We've done fairly well up until this season, relatively speaking. I recall our 2011/12 season we barely registered any injuries.

This season though it's ridiculous how many injuries we're getting

http://www.espnfc.com/barclays-prem...wer-injures-than-man-city-united-or-liverpool

I'm sure there are docs and physios on here that couldc add to this thread in a sensible way? Having been on the receiving end of physio and rehab a few times I think there is always more than one way to fix an issue and usually the only way you know which one is correct is with the benefit of hindsight. Let's face it, there is no way the club will be employing anything but the best staff to look after their most valuable and fragile assets. We have a relatively old squad which might explain an increase in injuries and healing time?

Old squad can't explain how Jovetic, Richards and Rodwell were all injured all the time here yet playing regularly since they moved. There is some problem in our medical department, I don't know what it is obviously but something is not right.

The article about Arsenal someone posted above shows how important is to have the right man on the job.

Old squad can't explain how Jovetic, Richards and Rodwell were all injured all the time here yet playing regularly since they moved. There is some problem in our medical department, I don't know what it is obviously but something is not right.
They have all since said they were fit a lot of the time but the manager didn't fancy them

They have all since said they were fit a lot of the time but the manager didn't fancy them

Kinda odd to see that same injury excuse was made up by both managers as two of them played under both Mancini and Pellegrini.

The article about Arsenal someone posted above shows how important is to have the right man on the job.

Both Jovetic and Rodwell were crocks when they signed and not sure they have rid themselves of their injuries since joining their new clubs. As for Micah he's currently out injured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.