Would you swap Fernandinho/Yaya for Vidal?

Good video, but it doesn't show his tackling skills. I think he's the best slide tackler in the world. It is very impressive how many balls he recovers in the midfield.

pang said:
Very good post.Do you think Vidal is better than Yaya and Fernandinho?

Difficult question. I think Vidal is more complete than Yaya and Fernandinho. He really does everything well and is very versatile. He takes PK magnificently, he can header, he can tackle, he has passing, he runs like mad during the 90 minutes of a match, he scores. Against Real Madrid in CL he made 12 successfull tackles in one match. More "complete" doesn't mean better though. Ronaldo is probably more complete than Messi but I'd pick Messi anyday. Vidal is so versatile it's scary. In Chile against Paraguay in the WC qualifiers he played as the offensive midfielder and was the MOTM. Against Spain in a friendly he played as libero and was the MOTM as well.

I think Yaya and Vidal are the best box to box midfielders in the world. Fernandinho is clearly a DM and I think he's an awesome player at what he does. It's difficult to compare him to Vidal since I think they have different roles. Yaya and Vidal have both scored a similar amount of goals this season (around 16, more than many forwards). Vidal has been Juves best player for the last 2 years, he's won 2 serie A in a row and it looks like he will win a third since they're 9 points ahead of Roma on the table. I think the 3 of them playing together would make an extraordinary midfield.

Also it would be great for him to go after the WC to a team that has chances of winning the UCL. He's already won 3 Serie A. Man City has more of a chance than Juve, in my opinion. But maybe Arturo decides to continue his career at Juve or go to Real Madrid. Who knows.

Mandrake said:
pang said:

Difficult question. I think Vidal is more complete than Yaya and Fernandinho. He really does everything well and is very versatile. He takes PK magnificently, he can header, he can tackle, he has passing, he runs like mad during the 90 minutes of a match, he scores. Against Real Madrid in CL he made 12 successfull tackles in one match. More "complete" doesn't mean better though. Ronaldo is probably more complete than Messi but I'd pick Messi anyday. Vidal is so versatile it's scary. In Chile against Paraguay in the WC qualifiers he played as the offensive midfielder and was the MOTM. Against Spain in a friendly he played as libero and was the MOTM as well.

I think Yaya and Vidal are the best box to box midfielders in the world. Fernandinho is clearly a DM and I think he's an awesome player at what he does. It's difficult to compare him to Vidal since I think they have different roles. Yaya and Vidal have both scored a similar amount of goals this season (around 16, more than many forwards). Vidal has been Juves best player for the last 2 years, he's won 2 serie A in a row and it looks like he will win a third since they're 9 points ahead of Roma on the table. I think the 3 of them playing together would make an extraordinary midfield.

Also it would be great for him to go after the WC to a team that has chances of winning the UCL. He's already won 3 Serie A. Man City has more of a chance than Juve, in my opinion. But maybe Arturo decides to continue his career at Juve or go to Real Madrid. Who knows.
Thanks mate . Hope chile do well in WC

Stretfordian_Blue said:
Having a small debate with some Arsenal and Chelsea fans who believe Vidal is the best CM in the world, to which I replied I wouldn't swap either of our two for him. Would any of you?
I personally think Vidal is the best CM in the world. There have been a couple of performances of his this season (Real Madrid away and Roma at home) where i was thinking "wow, this lad is truly fantastic!"

Asking whether i would swap Yaya or Fernandinho for him isn't really a straightforward question though. I probably wouldn't because of the connection i've got to them for playing for us.

Where i have recently compared Fernandinho to the best bits of Barry and de Jong combined i think Vidal has aspects of his game like Fernandinho and Yaya combined. He tackles everything in sight, he's fast, he'll be helping out on the edge of his own box one minute then the next minute he'll be up passing to Tevez on the edge of the oppositions box, then he'll be racing back to help out defensively and he does this for every minute he's on the pitch.

I love Yaya and really like what i've seen from Fernandinho so far though and don't want either to leave.

Mandrake said:
pang said:

How about Bastian Schweinsteiger?

Schweinsteiger is a world class CM as well, I'm under the impression he hasn't been playing regularly at Bayern though. Not sure if he's injured or not. But he's more of a deep lying playmaker than a DM like Vidal. I'm sure he doesn't recover nearly as many balls.

Many people talk that Vidal is playing on an inferior league, forgetting than dinho cames from Ukrainian's shakstar, for them a tip: Vidal started his European journey at Germany and played so well there than Bayern wanted him and he turned them down and decided go to Juve.
here in Chile we see the serie A as a strong league, because of that go to Italy instead stay at Germany doesn't look so strange and don forget that Tevez went to Juve also :)...
I think Vidal is more than dinho but I don't see him playing for man city, he is becoming so important at Juve than a transfer looks very improbable.
anyway sorry for my English, greetings

silvasleftleg said:
It would be good if we could sell Toure to PSG for £30 million. Then we get Vidal.

Toure is one of the best deep lying playmakers in the world, but his positioning off the ball is awful, he also tends to mistime tackles and get himself booked.

Some shameful posts on here, but this one is incredible. Yaya is the best midfielder EVER to play for City. If not a Clarkie then, surely written from nut house??

I would swap either one for Vidal ..anybody who wouldn't at least consider it hasn't watched Arturo Vidal ..he is arguably the best player in his position in the world and he's young he's a fighter a scorer a playmaker he has it all

Vidal's outstanding. Had we bought him instead of either Yaya or Fernandinho, I wouldn't be disappointed at all.

However, now that we have what we have, I wouldn't swap. The chemistry at City is absolutely superb at the moment and to get rid of a terrific performer to make a small improvement isn't worth it at all.

So, hypothetically yes but realistically no.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.