Would you swap Fernandinho/Yaya for Vidal?

silvasleftleg said:
Vidal tackles more than Fernandinho and he scores many goals from distance, that's the difference between the two.

The only difference is the goals and yet I'd wager fern would replicate the feet in serie A, the time he would be afforded on the ball would go up a few levels.
Vidal is a class act, no doubt but he is not at yaya or ferns level, it's something that can't be measured as he is undoubtedly playing in an inferior league

Oh and to add, he is not fit to lace yayas boots!!!!

I would not as there have been too many players from Italy that have come over and not done it in the PL. If Vidal was in the PL or Spain then a slim chance I would swap for Ferdy. I think we have a diamond and if you saw him playing for another team regularly then you would be saying we should buy Ferdy.

I'm chilean and watch alot of Juve because of Vidal, big fan of him. I'm also a fan of Colo Colo, the club at which he started in Chile, so I've watched him for the last 8 years of so. I think if you swapped him for Yaya it would be a bad choice. They are different players - Yaya is a deeplying playmaker, I think he is techniclly better than Vidal and has better passing. Vidal tackles more and is much more aggressive when recovering the ball.

In Juventus, where Vidal is the best player of the serie A, they play with a 3 man midfield - Pogba, Pirlo and Vidal. Marchisio rotates. The deeplying playmaker is Pirlo. That allows Vidal to attack and have alot of freedom when going forward. Many of his goals are in a forward-position. He doesnt score as many goals from outside the box as you'd think. Most of them are inside the box. In a 2 man midfield with Fernandinho, things would be very different for City's playing style. It would be a much tougher midfield, since Yaya has been losing his defensive skills, but you'd probably lose some precision when passing.

In Chile he plays in a 3 man midfield as well, along side a deeplying playmaker like Marcelo Diaz and another defensive midfielder which allows him to attack freely like at Juve. He's having the best moment of his career in the national team. With him and Alexis Sanchez, we hope to surprise Spain and the Netherlands at the WC in June.

I think Fernandinho, Vidal and Yaya could probably play together. But I dont think he would work alongside Fernandinho by himself. Maybe along Yaya, but then he'd have many more defensive duties and would probably not score as many goals.

The other good thing about Vidal is that he can play almost anywhere on the field and that is great for a coach because of suspensions/injuries. In Chile he's played as right center back, left center back, libero, defensive midfielder, offensive midfielder, on the right, on the left, and he plays well everywhere. In Juve a couple of matches ago he played as RCB and did an awesome job. But he's probably too good to play as a defender.

Mandrake said:
I'm chilean and watch alot of Juve because of Vidal, big fan of him. I'm also a fan of Colo Colo, the club at which he started in Chile, so I've watched him for the last 8 years of so. I think if you swapped him for Yaya it would be a bad choice. They are different players - Yaya is a deeplying playmaker, I think he is techniclly better than Vidal and has better passing. Vidal tackles more and is much more aggressive when recovering the ball.

In Juventus, where Vidal is the best player of the serie A, they play with a 3 man midfield - Pogba, Pirlo and Vidal. Marchisio rotates. The deeplying playmaker is Pirlo. That allows Vidal to attack and have alot of freedom when going forward. Many of his goals are in a forward-position. He doesnt score as many goals from outside the box as you'd think. Most of them are inside the box. In a 2 man midfield with Fernandinho, things would be very different for City's playing style. It would be a much tougher midfield, since Yaya has been losing his defensive skills, but you'd probably lose some precision when passing.

In Chile he plays in a 3 man midfield as well, along side a deeplying playmaker like Marcelo Diaz and another defensive midfielder which allows him to attack freely like at Juve. He's having the best moment of his career in the national team. With him and Alexis Sanchez, we hope to surprise Spain and the Netherlands at the WC in June.

I think Fernandinho, Vidal and Yaya could probably play together. But I dont think he would work alongside Fernandinho by himself. Maybe along Yaya, but then he'd have many more defensive duties and would probably not score as many goals.

The other good thing about Vidal is that he can play almost anywhere on the field and that is great for a coach because of suspensions/injuries. In Chile he's played as right center back, left center back, libero, defensive midfielder, offensive midfielder, on the right, on the left, and he plays well everywhere. In Juve a couple of matches ago he played as RCB and did an awesome job. But he's probably too good to play as a defender.

Thanks mate. For those that haven't seen anything of him, (as i hadn't until this thread) here's a snippet.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7paoWmx9wuM[/youtube]

Mandrake said:

Very good post.Do you think Vidal is better than Yaya and Fernandinho?

Mandrake said:

What a good post, cheers for the insight Mandrake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.