Wow the hatred for our club is immense

Q8-Blue said:
machiavellian said:
Q8-Blue said:
Well at least you talk some sense.

Touche.

If only you were as sincere.

Actually since you seem like a reasonable fellow and a Blue, i won't ignore you. Why can't you accept that everyone just loves City in different ways, some were lucky to be born in Manchester and some who were not choose a team and tend to stick with it. Not all foreign fans are glory hunters, but off course both local and foreign fans can be glory hunters. Generalizations rarely apply to everyone.

I simply can't accept that someone can 'choose' a club in the same way I'd choose a new coat, and 12 months later, compare their feelings for that club to someone who has supported them their whole life - through thick and thin.

You did that in the thread I mentioned previously, and it fucked me off to be honest. But you wouldn't understand, and so this post is relatively pointless.

machiavellian said:
Q8-Blue said:
machiavellian said:
Touche.

Actually since you seem like a reasonable fellow and a Blue, i won't ignore you. Why can't you accept that everyone just loves City in different ways, some were lucky to be born in Manchester and some who were not choose a team and tend to stick with it. Not all foreign fans are glory hunters, but off course both local and foreign fans can be glory hunters. Generalizations rarely apply to everyone.

I simply can't accept that someone can 'choose' a club in the same way I'd choose a new coat, and 12 months later, compare their feelings for that club to someone who has supported them their whole life - through thick and thin.

You did that in the thread I mentioned previously, and it fucked me off to be honest. But you wouldn't understand, and so this post is relatively pointless.
Sound like you've been around a while machiavellian,what year did you start going City?

Already see it here, if anything this club is hated because some Blues have a chip on their shoulder about supporting us when we were "shit"
ok you watched the club alot years ago, wanna badge? oh wait you probably already have about 50 of 'em attached to a baseball cap that hasn't been washed in 30yrs

From my experience I get nothing but good feedback from other clubs fans, commenting on our players and obviously more recently the 1-6

The banter has increased, but it's all in good humour :)

machiavellian said:
Q8-Blue said:
machiavellian said:
Touche.

No ones comparing fans, i don't personally know you so i wont compare myself as a fan to you, that would be presumptuous. Many people have different reasons in why they support Manchester City. In my personal case i didn't give a rats behind about football until 2010, and i didn't choose City instantly cause i didn't know anything about Football.

What initially attracted me is that City is owned and Chaired by people who are from the UAE, that was what hooked me into it. After the onslaughts of attacks the club received and continuously receives in the media, i found myself defending the Club and feeling somewhat attached to it more and more. After reading and learning more about the club and what it went through in the past, i chose to become a City fan.

That's my story and it isn't the first time i mentioned it, everyone has different reasons for supporting City. Some have or had Mancunian relatives, some simply chose City because of a simple love for the colour of the Sky Blue kits. Some of those supporters went beyond those reasons to evolve into genuine City fans, spending crazy money to come to Manchester and watch the team. Who are we to judge what qualifies them to be genuine fans or glory hunters.

Is there some sense of disenchantment or more accurately discomfort in supporting a club, thousands of miles away, in another country, that we might not be able to see only twice or thrice (if we are luck and financially able)? Off-course there is which is, why foreign fans try to get involved and feel apart by joining Bluemoon and Twitter. And also watching the videos on the OS and getting up at daft o'clock to watch City play. We weren't lucky enough to be born in Manchester and we can't go to Etihad Stadium every week and see our favorite Club play. We know this and are reminded of it constantly, but foreign fans try and make due the best they can.

Hope you see reason Blue and i'm saying this with the best intentions.

Arthur '2 Sheds' Jackson said:
Tell em' t'take 5 for the daily football trivia quiz.. Question 1.. '' Which Salford Based Football Club Has Broken The British Transfer Record 7 (Seven) Times In Recent Years ? '' ... No More Questions M'Lord.. !
And the answer is......?

The deluded twats were warned. "Tick Tock", we said. But they wouldn't be told. If we don't sweep all before us this season, we will next. And I've noticed they're not talking about us being "giddy" any more.

Q8-Blue said:
machiavellian said:
Q8-Blue said:

No ones comparing fans, i don't personally know you so i wont compare myself as a fan to you, that would be presumptuous. Many people have different reasons in why they support Manchester City. In my personal case i didn't give a rats behind about football until 2010, and i didn't choose City instantly cause i didn't know anything about Football.

What initially attracted me is that City is owned and Chaired by people who are from the UAE, that was what hooked me into it. After the onslaughts of attacks the club received and continuously receives in the media, i found myself defending the Club and feeling somewhat attached to it more and more. After reading and learning more about the club and what it went through in the past, i chose to become a City fan.

That's my story and it isn't the first time i mentioned it, everyone has different reasons for supporting City. Some have or had Mancunian relatives, some simply chose City because of a simple love for the colour of the Sky Blue kits. Some of those supporters went beyond those reasons to evolve into genuine City fans, spending crazy money to come to Manchester and watch the team. Who are we to judge what qualifies them to be genuine fans or glory hunters.

Is there some sense of disenchantment or more accurately discomfort in supporting a club, thousands of miles away, in another country, that we might not be able to see only twice or thrice (if we are luck and financially able)? Off-course there is which is, why foreign fans try to get involved and feel apart by joining Bluemoon and Twitter. And also watching the videos on the OS and getting up at daft o'clock to watch City play. We weren't lucky enough to be born in Manchester and we can't go to Etihad Stadium every week and see our favorite Club play. We know this and are reminded of it constantly, but foreign fans try and make due the best they can.

Hope you see reason Blue and i'm saying this with the best intentions.

Here here mate, I am a born and bred Manc mate and welcome you with open arms, welcome to the blue side of Manchester and I hope you enjoy the ride. Your going to get criticised by some but I wouldn't take it personally, football has deep roots in many different pies and one of them is clan mentality. I understand it and actively engage with it whenever I go and watch them play but I recognise it and see that if we want to topple the dark red side then we need fans all over the world. Enjoy the ride as with City there's always a ride to take :)

Was out at the weekend with a Liverpool fan and an Everton fan. All they wanted to talk about was City. There wasn`t too much hatred but just the same old arguments that we hear time and time again.

Utd / Liverpool / Everton built their clubs up from scratch - no mention of monopolising the league/top 4 positions through their greed in the 1st place creating the prem and the champs league. They created the monster along with the other "elite" clubs in Europe. They were bankrolled in order to keep their position at the top. As soon as someone else with more money comes in - it`s not fair!!!

Well.......fuck off!!! Deal with it.

MCC said:
Was out at the weekend with a Liverpool fan and an Everton fan. All they wanted to talk about was City. There wasn`t too much hatred but just the same old arguments that we hear time and time again.

Utd / Liverpool / Everton built their clubs up from scratch - no mention of monopolising the league/top 4 positions through their greed in the 1st place creating the prem and the champs league. They created the monster along with the other "elite" clubs in Europe. They were bankrolled in order to keep their position at the top. As soon as someone else with more money comes in - it`s not fair!!!

Well.......fuck off!!! Deal with it.

Well said. Fucking hypocritical twats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.