WSL Arsenal [A] 22/9/24

Seems similar to last season. Good build up play but poor finishing. Coughed the ball up too many times trying to play out from the back. Lucky with the Arsenal goal chalked off for offside but referee tried to make up for it with a truly awful performance. Plenty to work on, but a point is not the end of the world.

Glad this one is over - moving on:

1. We need Jill back to add to the middle but also find a spot for Jess rather than swapping her 1 for 1.
2. Viv has now had her Arse send off and will score plenty for us, she looks quality.
3. We need more from Bunny who looked rusty and Lauren who will obviously get better.
4. Hopefully Tara O'hanlon can finally get fit - she's very feisty and hope Leila is not badly injured as Alana is not mobile enough and will get caught under the ball against many teams.
5. Aoba needs to trust her ability and take the fullbacks on as well as having the confidence to take shots early.
6. I like Yamashita as in both games she gives confidence when players are one on one with her - something that happens often the way we defend!

Decent week overall but plenty to build on. Onto the mens team now to wipe the smile off of the entitled Arsenal fans

Another corrupt refereeing decision costs us all 3 points although I thought the result was fair. Playing with a high line line the mens team we need a speedy centre half, they missed 2 x 1 on 1s.
Eideval, what a ****,Taylor called the **** out last year as well.

Interesting comment from Taylor in his post-match stuff:

Gareth Taylor on the potential McCabe foul in the build-up to Mead's equaliser: ‘The fourth official indicated to me they had told the referee it was a foul and the assistant referee did too, but the referee decided to against it.'

That's as close to fuming as I think Gareth can ever get. Tbh, when you compare him to what they have, I'm glad he knows how to behave with dignity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.