WTF is Manchester looking like Moscow in Glatnost

Had an early morning mooch about town and now having a quiet pint in Cask before a bus home and I thought I was in Russia as the cold war ended

Federal
Gooey bakery and cafe
Ezra & Gil

Why the fuck are people queing outside several cafes for hrs on end ????

Sorry but fuck off, if you are hungry you go eat, what sad **** spends an hour in a queue to buy avacardo on toast or fucking pain au chocolat

wierdos get in the fucking pub and buy a fry up or go lidl for a croissant

I've noticed that outside Federal on both Oxford Road and Deansgate. Are people queuing up because the coffee and food is fantastic or because they are "brand whores"?
Saying that, every city centre branch of Greggs always seems to have a massive queue outside at breakfast and lunchtime.
Has everyone given up on having breakfast at home and making sandwiches to bring into work?

There used to be such a cafe right outside Piccadilly Station. Been gone for years though. They're all serving up rabbit food nowadays. I mean to say; avocado on toast. Seriously, WTF?
Antonio’s.

I was gutted when Cafe Metro went. I was always in there when in town.

I’m at Curzon Ashton v Hereford on Saturday and will eat in Liverpool first. Gentrification kills cities. Manchester will become a London of the north.

Yeah; I think you've got the name right.
100%. When we came up from South Wales or Hereford to visit Nan and Grandad in Middleton, we’d eat there once we got off the train. I used it too until it closed before City.

I used to have pie, chips, peas, gravy and a cup of tea. I don’t think I’ve eaten that in years.

I don't know what the avocados did for older people to be so upset with them. The sardonic hate for them always sounds a bit unhinged to me, it's just a fruit mate.

On the queueing though - I totally agree, in London every place has a fucking queue, some days I just elect not to eat. Or just grab a bag of pickled onion Monster Munch from Tesco or Sainsbury's.

Queuing for restaurants used to be a purely American thing, drove me mad when I was over there. I think because of instagram and people following what's "cool" it has crept in over here. Fuck that though, I'm not queueing to give anyone my money

Funnily enough, I’d never even heard of Federal until last week, when I took my daughter for lunch and told her to pick.

Not the sort of place I’d pick but had a nice steak butty. Wasn’t cheap but not extortionate.

Definitely wouldn’t have queued up for more than a few minutes though.

The best place for a cheap brekky or lunch in Manchester was that little gaff down Ducie Street. Of course, it was closed and demolished because a) it was old and worthy of preservation and b) unforgivably cheap, spoiling the image of a city that aspires to be like the West End of London.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.