WTF is Manchester looking like Moscow in Glatnost

This is a country where people queued for three hours at the drive thru because McDonald’s closed for a month during lockdown
I was hoping for some sort of reset during Covid and that people had time to actually learn how to cook....how wrong was I? Fucking gridlock around Maccies everywhere.

i can't for the life of me remember the name of it,
but there was an all-night caf in piccadilly gardens in the 90's,
right at the far end, opposite where the tram stop is now.
from 2am onwards it was just full of ravers sipping tea and gurning...
loved it.

Not sure I remember that. I do remember a takeaway kebab shop half way along though.

And on the other side of the gardens was a greasy spoon called The Ok Cafè. That wasn’t a place for your Michelin stars, that’s for sure.

And there was a Wimpy inside Piccadilly Station, which did a decent breakfast. Pretty much where Burger King is now.

There used to be such a cafe right outside Piccadilly Station. Been gone for years though. They're all serving up rabbit food nowadays. I mean to say; avocado on toast. Seriously, WTF?
Avocado is the spawn of the devil. It tastes like when you’ve been sick in your mouth. Uuuggghhh.

Plus don’t get me started on Olives. Another uuurrrggg.

Avocado is the spawn of the devil. It tastes like when you’ve been sick in your mouth. Uuuggghhh.

Plus don’t get me started on Olives. Another uuurrrggg.
Blame Nigella, she started the craze. She had the cheek to call avocado on toast a “recipe.”
Great thread. “All our Yesterdays Fry ups”

Last edited:
Used to frequent Abergeldie and koffee pot (st Stephens square) when I worked in town. Saw the koffee pot was now on oldham st so popped in. Had to wait at the door while waitress showed us to a table it was a very different experience from the greasy spoon I used to frequent. I also find it bizarre that people were queuing at one or two sandwiches shops around the northern quarter for an over priced Sandwich when you can get a decent curry at This n that etc for alot less.
The Northern Cafe next to the Crowne Plaza on Shudehill is a decent shout these days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.