Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 | Post-Match Thread

We might have no choice, because we cannot allow Fern to have a Toure coast, or we will end up winning nowt this season.

I'd play Phil at the base of the midfield if it came to it. He can do it. Energy, technique, tackles.
well phil can but that will be counter productive as we will lose an immense amount of his forward play

We might have no choice, because we cannot allow Fern to have a Toure coast, or we will end up winning nowt this season.

I'd play Phil at the base of the midfield if it came to it. He can do it. Energy, technique, tackles.

I'd rather try Bernardo there first. Similar energy levels and close control, but you wouldn't be sacrificing as much attacking output

well phil can but that will be counter productive as we will lose an immense amount of his forward play

Not sure we would, Xavi and Iniesta were always close to their own defenders.

They were still the guys who came to collect, had the intelligence to work, to move the ball between the lines, to get Messi and the boys up top.

We have seen it when Kev has moved back there, he's untouchable.

I'd rather try Bernardo there first. Similar energy levels and close control, but you wouldn't be sacrificing as much attacking output

I know what you mean, but Phil is a superior tackler. Bernie sort of nips it away, he's nowhere near as strong as Phil from a strength perspective.

Lets hope they can lock down Lavia and McAtee on new deals soon, like they have done with Palmer and Delap, as they'll be in their last year come summer time. I think these four definitely form that top tier of talent in our ranks that have the biggest chance at making it.

We have a wonderful opportunity here with the current crop and I hope we don't face a repeat like we did with Sancho/Brahim - I think Foden has shown the pathway is there, albeit the reference point is a generational talent!

As others have commented, it's now down to the club to forge the pathway and put some trust in these players, rather than going out and buying expensive replacements for outgoings.

The fact Pep now has Carlos Vicens as part of his setup - reported that part of his move from the U18s was to provide a link between the academy and first team - is a promising sign.

Last night was the most excited i've been watching City all season - it's such a quick win for the club to start taking academy integration seriously and have it form part of our strategy going forward. We have the talent for it.

Re Tommy, I think he has that extra motivation which takes a player beyond someone who is perhaps more talented?

I know Phil Neville was always considered the superior player to his brother, but Gary wanted it more, simply because he only ever wanted to play for United.

Tommy obviously has the City credentials and, each time I have seen him come on, he is keen as mustard and always surprises with a moment of surprising skill?

I would like to assume for the first time in a long while, there is a real two-way trust which now exists between the kids we have and Pep.

If Pep thinks these kids coming through are good enough to play for him, then he will also have a fair idea he can be successful with them and win trophies, rather than just paying lip service to it all.
The young left back has already convinced me he is worth a game or two.
A proper left back who takes people on would be nice every now and then!

No idea where you come from but I have never read such a stupid and ill-informed post from a so-called City fan. Jack Grealish has been our best and most creative player in almost every game he starts. If Pep had decided to risk him against mighty Wycombe, we would have most likely scored ten at least. Foden is definitely not a winger.
Does it matter where i come from?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.