Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 - Tue 21 Sep 19:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something tells me Pep is going to go very strong here, he always plays a strong team when we're not expecting it. Will probably be seven first teamers with the rest academy lads. Dying to see Palmer, Mcatee and Delap start, let's see how they look albeit against league1 opposition

Completely agree. It's a trophy that should be fourth on our list of priorities. Besides, I'm confident the kids are talented enough to get the job.
It is fourth in our list of priorities and Pep has said as much. But we’re so fucking good we win it anyway.

City have a chance at creating even more history by becoming the only team to win this cup five times in a row, no matter what it's called these days, the league cup is seen as the lowest cup to.win, the low prize money as well deters teams from giving it a decent pop. It may be on borrowed time but if we can win it for a fifth time, then in 20/30 years time when the grandkids are flicking through the wikipedia pages, they'll see Manchester City winning it for a big old chunk of time.... 'Grandpa, did City have a really good side then?' 'You could say that, yes we did.'

MCFC, rewriting the history books of yesterday, today and the internet pages of tomorrow. Enjoy it everyone, this won't last forever.
I get where you're coming from, and I like winning this trophy.

But I'd rather my grandchildren were flicking through the Wikipedia pages on their retina-swiping, uber glasses of the future, and seeing Man City's honours listing a few CL's and record consecutive league wins. This tournament is extra games that hinder are chances at the truly big prizes; and the truly big prizes should be our primary focus, the stature of club we now profess to be dictates that. If we can win the League Cup along with one of the PL or CL, then great. But if we end up with just the League Cup, irrespective of it being a fifth consecutive, then that's a huge failure.

Or put another way, if we were to go out of this tournament I'd be over it within half an hour. Porto still stings. That's the difference for me.

No Var in this one, and strange official choice as he is listed as a PL referee but only reffed 2 games this season, both at Norwich. He was in charge for the FA cup 3-0 win at home to Birmingham last season.

Agree with others, this has to be match fitness and reserves. Limited to what we can do in defence due to injuries but i hope we dont risk Diaz.

I’m hoping pep puts in Mcatee on Tuesday,he’s hit a bit of goal scoring form for the u23 at the moment,hopefully we see a few of the other young lads as well ..

Can see Ake, KDB, Foden, Raz and one of Walker/Cancelo starting.Poss even Mahrez.

4 games to Wembley don't think its that much of a strain on our squad, hope we go strong with a couple of promising U23 players and Sterling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.