Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5; coming late 2020

@BluePhil8

Confirmed specs;
jenpu9ijjgn41.jpg

PS5 deep dive with Mark Cerny;

Xbox Series X breakdown with digital foundry;

New dualshock 5 (actual name is dualsense)

Suggests the PS5 will be white/black like the PSVR.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/202...w-wireless-game-controller-for-playstation-5/

49747502797_ba4ef26976_3k.jpg

49746632758_470c1cca29_3k.jpg

Last edited:
A voice that fails to excite and indeed can put you to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Anyone who watches it able to summarize what info it gives?
Basically it's weaker accross the board compared to the Xbox Series X with the exemption of their SSD being twice as fast. Xbox Series X looks the much more compelling option.

I don’t think PlayStation got across to the public exactly how technical this was going to be and subsequently bored the hell out of a lot of people.

Anyway, difference between this and Xbox doesn’t seem to be that much. There’s always one slightly better than the other and it never matters. xbox appears to be technically better but the latest version of xbox1 is technically better than the ps pro yet it means nothing without the games to back it up. What Xbox are doing with game pass is superb value, if they keep that at the same quantity, quality and price going into the new generation they’ll win a lot of fans over but PlayStation blows them out of the water with exclusives and that tends to trump everything.

I've not watched the video yet, but all in all This was a very strange move by Sony. GDC ( Game Developer Conference ) this year was cancelled due to Covid so they opened there talk to the world.

this was a very low level view meant for game dev's rather than the public.

Key points I took from it ( write ups ) were Xbox will be easier to port windows games to it so will probably have a better looking range of games quicker because of that. However dispite on paper the PS5 looking like a weaker set of hardware a lot of things are offset but the IO Throughput speed.

I feel the cross platform stuff will look better xBox but the PS5 exclusives will beat out xBox graphically. That bandwidth really will be the difference this generation, PS5 exclusives that use that bandwidth well just cant be replicated easily on the other platforms.

I'm not a avid gamer but my son is getting in to it so i'm keeping track.

I think there is a danger here that consoles lose the edge over a PC set up. Consoles were much cheaper and easier to get along with. PCs were expensive and required a level of tech savy that many young kids didnt have. This next generation of consoles look more like PCs with the way they are being speced and the cost v's a gaming PC is becoming equal. You can buy a decent gaming PC for XBOX5 money. Add in the likes of Steam and Twitch (+everyone wants to be a youtuber and that is all done on PC) and the technicality of how you access games and the socal media side of it and then ask why buy a console.

I think there is a danger here that consoles lose the edge over a PC set up. Consoles were much cheaper and easier to get along with. PCs were expensive and required a level of tech savy that many young kids didnt have. This next generation of consoles look more like PCs with the way they are being speced and the cost v's a gaming PC is becoming equal. You can buy a decent gaming PC for XBOX5 money. Add in the likes of Steam and Twitch (+everyone wants to be a youtuber and that is all done on PC) and the technicality of how you access games and the socal media side of it and then ask why buy a console.

You wont get a PC of a similar spec to these at anywhere near the price these will come out at. Both MS and Sony make a massive loss on the hardware and make the money back on games and services. and at most these will have upgradable hard drives which the last gen had. will be similar to plugging in a cartridge or a USB cable.

Consoles are mass produced for that specific market and the games for those consoles are optimised for that particular console, considering you can buy a PC that would match it for around £600 and with that you are not restricted to a game that only a certain console would play and that you get an actual PC that has many other uses other than gaming, for me PC's offer much more.

But in the defence of consoles they are out of the box experiences and if you're a spotty teenager whose mates have got one then they are good bits of kit that need little to think about. I play consoles with my grandsons and I am pretty rubbish at them, but they are beginning to become aware of PC's that can game and they want one too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.