Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5; coming late 2020

most of the way through the video and this thing is a beast. I'll admit im a bit bias towards Sony as I did used to work for them but from what im hearing here the bandwidth on this thing is going to be a game changer.

the 3D audio processor's a powehouse in its own right and the CPU capacity of that processor can be used for game logic if needed, the fact you can utilise random processors in there for general processing means a lot of extra boosts later on in the life of the console. stuff like this wont happen early on.

Consoles are mass produced for that specific market and the games for those consoles are optimised for that particular console, considering you can buy a PC that would match it for around £600 and with that you are not restricted to a game that only a certain console would play and that you get an actual PC that has many other uses other than gaming, for me PC's offer much more.

But in the defence of consoles they are out of the box experiences and if you're a spotty teenager whose mates have got one then they are good bits of kit that need little to think about. I play consoles with my grandsons and I am pretty rubbish at them, but they are beginning to become aware of PC's that can game and they want one too.

To get a 12.15 teraflop RDNA 2 GPU with a 1tb NVMe SSD, 16gb GDDR6 RAM that is capable of Ray Tracing you'd be talking about a £1200+ PC when these consoles launch.

To get a 12.15 teraflop RDNA 2 GPU with a 1tb NVMe SSD, 16gb GDDR6 RAM that is capable of Ray Tracing you'd be talking about a £1200+ PC when these consoles launch.

Consoles have their place bud but they are pretty much stagnant for upgrade capability, put a game on that runs at 150 FPS and put the same game on another device at 120 FPS and most people wont know the difference. you can tailor your gaming with a PC and get a lot more diversity in the bargain too.

Consoles have their place like I said, they are easy and they just work with games designed to work on them. The PC I use for rendering crushes any of the consoles out today this isn't my view but the view of gamers who have tried it, plus they are not restricted to one set of games specifically designed for any said console. In 4 years time the new PS and Xbox will be lagging so far behind medium range PC builds they'll be obsolete and for sale in the cash generators for £40.

But they have their purpose.

series X for me for no other reason than the upcoming Microsoft Flight Sim that looks incredible.

Consoles have their place bud but they are pretty much stagnant for upgrade capability, put a game on that runs at 150 FPS and put the same game on another device at 120 FPS and most people wont know the difference. you can tailor your gaming with a PC and get a lot more diversity in the bargain too.

Consoles have their place like I said, they are easy and they just work with games designed to work on them. The PC I use for rendering crushes any of the consoles out today this isn't my view but the view of gamers who have tried it, plus they are not restricted to one set of games specifically designed for any said console. In 4 years time the new PS and Xbox will be lagging so far behind medium range PC builds they'll be obsolete and for sale in the cash generators for £40.

But they have their purpose.

that stagnant for upgrades is also one of the key bonuses, You have no worries about changing hardware to worry about when developing ( within reason, cheaper processors being swapped in can be an issue sometimes ). it allows dev's to get as close to the metal as you can get.

PC's dont allow that, too many configurations to do it.

I do wonder if this will knock on the minimum specs for PC games to need SSD's too.

that stagnant for upgrades is also one of the key bonuses, You have no worries about changing hardware to worry about when developing ( within reason, cheaper processors being swapped in can be an issue sometimes ). it allows dev's to get as close to the metal as you can get.

PC's dont allow that, too many configurations to do it.

I do wonder if this will knock on the minimum specs for PC games to need SSD's too.

Most people use SSD's now don't they? They are even cheaper than solid state drives. To be honest I only really dabble on emulators I don't think I have even played a game through to its conclusion on a console since Tomb Raider on the Sega Saturn ;)

I play mainly world of Warcraft on pc, yep I’m a saddo, I have a PS4 but the constant same FPS titles or fifa apart from new graphics seem to offer nothing more, I might pick one up purely for the 4k blu Ray although I’m mostly digital now on Apple TV. I’ve often wondered why WOW hasn’t been put on consoles now you can get cheap Bluetooth keyboards and mouse.

I play mainly world of Warcraft on pc, yep I’m a saddo, I have a PS4 but the constant same FPS titles or fifa apart from new graphics seem to offer nothing more, I might pick one up purely for the 4k blu Ray although I’m mostly digital now on Apple TV. I’ve often wondered why WOW hasn’t been put on consoles now you can get cheap Bluetooth keyboards and mouse.

Diablo 2
Grim Dawn
And for online japes I do a bit of Legend Of Mir, free and expansive bud.

Diablo 2
Grim Dawn
And for online japes I do a bit of Legend Of Mir, free and expansive bud.
I’m looking into getting a new pc as mine seems to be slowly dying, hopefully future proof for Diablo 4 and also warcraft, my reactions for FPS are crap now and I get bored of single player games, I binned the new Star Wars game after a few hours, it was just a tomb raider spin off. Unless something seriously jumps out at me I don’t think I’ll be getting next gen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.