Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5; coming late 2020

So these types of games no longer work on LCD?
So we’ve effectively gone backwards from those days of duck hunt

There will always be new ways around it, I've just not really looked much to be honest.

The Wii for example had a pointer system where each WiiMote had a camera that picked up 2 infrared lights you on a "wand" you put near your TV and can from those work out where your pointing to get the screen coordinates of where you are shooting.

I need to take a look into the guns that Mr Kobayashi is mentioning, im quite intreagued as to how they are working.

do these new guns need some sort of attatchment for the TV? similar to the Wii with the Infared bar?

The PS3 uses a camera on top of the TV.

You can get the plastic gun attachments (pistol or rifle)

The Sinden guns don't require any screen attachments. It uses a software solution and places a white border around the image. There's a camera in the gun that tracks the space between those borders and does maths to record hits and misses.

I once had an EMS top gun that worked with PS2 and Xbox and PC, had sensors around the screen.

It was shite, had poor accuracy and a tedious calibration method and required a dark room to work at all.

There will always be new ways around it, I've just not really looked much to be honest.

The Wii for example had a pointer system where each WiiMote had a camera that picked up 2 infrared lights you on a "wand" you put near your TV and can from those work out where your pointing to get the screen coordinates of where you are shooting.

I need to take a look into the guns that Mr Kobayashi is mentioning, im quite intreagued as to how they are working.

There's a camera in the barrel. You can see what it sees when you use the client for it on your computer. They also work with raspberry Pi computers I believe.

This is the official website. But you can pick them up on eBay sometimes.

The buckhunter arcade 1up uses Sinden in their guns.

arcade1up-big-buck-hunter-world-arcade-machine_2x_ff77878d-f4a2-4591-b593-daedf6139a33.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.