Xmas food

I must admit we do our xmas food shop at M&S, it is more expensive but the quality is there, £46 for a turkey crown last yr which was nothing special mind!! so this yr its a turkey from iceland, the rest of food & deserts from m&s

I always tell the wife that I am going to eat a ton of food and drink the house dry at Christmas but I never quite manage it, we end up giving most of our food and drink away because we can't finish what we started :)

classic recipes call for a extra binding before wrapped in pastry, some use crapenette or Streaky bacon, others use savoy cabbage

they absorb the moisture of the duxelle and meat
Well, I'd argue that it's hardly traditional but each to their own. Why fall out over a nice bit of savoy cabbage?
; )

My Mrs fancied beef wellington as advertised by m&s I said how much is it and her reply was I didn’t noticed, then I looked and found the price £60 fucking quid are they taking the piss or what.
Be OK price-wise if they are Hunters.

Well, I'd argue that it's hardly traditional but each to their own. Why fall out over a nice bit of savoy cabbage?
; )
well if you use the earliest known references only three items the beef, pastry and duxelle are constant, but other ingredients are present, chicken stuffing in one, Foie gras in another etc.

the dish appears in america and the continent before any english recipes are recorded so their is no definative traditional recipe tbf

Doesn't really matter what is added as long as the 3 specific items are present

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.