Xmas food

well if you use the earliest known references only three items the beef, pastry and duxelle are constant, but other ingredients are present, chicken stuffing in one, Foie gras in another etc.

the dish appears in america and the continent before any english recipes are recorded so their is no definative traditional recipe tbf

Doesn't really matter what is added as long as the 3 specific items are present
I had no idea about the American connection. Link below supplies some more information.
Anyway, some bloke approached me in the pub last night and offered to sell me eight legs of venison for £200. I was tempted but thought it was too dear?

We're buying whatever is available at xmas week. Not really mitheres what meat we have since its nearly the only Sunday Lunch we have all year so its gonna be a treat anyway.

Just ordered the Christmas dinner stuff for delivery off Ocado with a £25 off £80 voucher.

We always order our Christmas food from M & S. It is more expensive but the quality is also very good in my experience, so just about worth the extra cost.

Still considerably cheaper than eating out over the Christmas period as there are usually quite a lot of us.

Get you !!!! Bluemoons very own Master Chef semi finalist.......;)
no, not masterchef just worked as a cook/chef for 29 years the first 16 in various establisments here and overseas from 3*-5* hotels, golf clubs and bars/pubs before shifting to industrial/public sector catering so have made a fair few variants of wellington

Last edited:
no, not masterchef just worked as a cook/chef for 29 years the first 16 in various establisments here and overseas from 3*-5* hotels, golf clubs and bars/pubs before shifting to industrial/public sector catering so have made a fair few variants of wellington
That's some qualification. Beats the crap out of City and Guilds 706/1 and 2, Sth Trafford College.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.