Xmas food

I can cook a beef wellington and the nearest I have been to professional catering was serving tea in Piccadilly station bar in the early 1970s.

no, not masterchef just worked as a cook/chef for 29 years the first 16 in various establisments here and overseas from 3*-5* hotels, golf clubs and bars/pubs before shifting to industrial/public sector catering so have made a fair few variants of wellington
Would the cabbage not so much absorb the moisture as provide a barrier between the filling and the pastry?

Would the cabbage not so much absorb the moisture as provide a barrier between the filling and the pastry?
only ever made it once with cabbage and am not a fan, but when did the beef was blushed with mustard, topped wothe duxelle then wrapped in the blanched cabbage and left overnight before folded in pastry, it worked out fine. as I say not my prefered method but have experienced it

Knew a french chef used to do beef en croute in a similar way but would wrap the fillet in savoury crepes before the pastry as a barrier.

Don't think there is an exact way if honest, as long as it's beef, duxelle and pastry it can be modified as required

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.