Xmas food

Just bought my first Christmas food treat.

PXL-20221205-162252334-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20221205-162304477-MP-2.jpg
Nice

Reactions: jrb
Just bought my first Christmas food treat.

PXL-20221205-162252334-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20221205-162304477-MP-2.jpg
You might want to rethink that.
Here are the reviews on Tesco website…

Tasteless​

1 stars
A Tesco Customer2nd December 2022

Tastless. It's never seen a langoustine or a piece of salmon in It's life. Very disappointed. There is no ingredient % list, so no idea what it is made of. I wonder who tastes these products to pass them off as acceptable. Maybe they had Covid when they tasted this one!

Oh dear .​

2 stars
A Tesco Customer18th December 2021

Texture was as expected for a pate alas the overpowering sharpness of lemon and lack of langoustine flavour made this pate mediocre at best.

Too many ingredients but light on the langoustine​

2 stars
A Tesco Customer11th December 2021

Tempted by the label name and the look of this but on reading the ingredients - wow! Only 15% langoustine. Product description (small writing) makes clear it's langoustine and salmon - but the salmon's still only another 10%. Rest is made up of a long list including various powders and starches - potato, tapioca? As the main pate includes cream and soft cheese, I don't feel it needs an extra topping of crème fraiche and more cream.

Tasteless​

1 stars

Tastless. It's never seen a langoustine or a piece of salmon in It's life. Very disappointed. There is no ingredient % list, so no idea what it is made of. I wonder who tastes these products to pass them off as acceptable. Maybe they had Covid when they tasted this one!

Oh dear .​

2 stars

Texture was as expected for a pate alas the overpowering sharpness of lemon and lack of langoustine flavour made this pate mediocre at best.

2 stars

Tempted by the label name and the look of this but on reading the ingredients - wow! Only 15% langoustine. Product description (small writing) makes clear it's langoustine and salmon - but the salmon's still only another 10%. Rest is made up of a long list including various powders and starches - potato, tapioca? As the main pate includes cream and soft cheese, I don't feel it needs an extra topping of crème fraiche and more cream.
Denisdowner

Tasteless​

1 stars

Oh dear .​

2 stars

2 stars

Tesco finest makes me annoyed. How is it that the "finest" sausage you can imagine is jammed full of gristle?

We all tend to be 'meated out' at xmas.

A bit like the Monty Python, there's not much spam in it but Halloumi in blankets is a great addition to dinner rather than pigs.
A few years ago I did a different animal for each of the 12 days, although not swan on the 7th day.

This thread has inspired me to try Rudolph Wellington this year.

swedish-wild-reindeer-reindeer-saddle-calf-28340491583674.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.