Ya Ya Toure

MCFC BOB said:
Mario Balotelli could be a big game player for us in the future if he gets his head down.

I don't think he has a future with us to be honest. I like the guy before anyone starts.

Back on topic, I think Yaya is probably the most complete footballer in the world at the moment. He can do everything to a scarily high standard and always produces when we need it the most.

BOMBER7967 said:
Brian Reade, a journalist, wrote this piece when we signed Yaya.

“Toure is not actually that great. He’s not a creative genius who will get backsides off seats but a defensive midfielder who stops players who can.”

“He wasn’t even a regular at Barcelona. He may not even get a game at City (stop laughing at the back), who already have four highly-rated players to fill that role.”

But how do outsiders begin to describe how depressing the implications of this transfer are? I can understand luring the sought-after David Silva to Eastlands for £140,000-a-week, but giving a quarter-of-a-million quid every seven days to a defensive squad player who no other club would have touched for that kind of money and whose name won’t sell shirts, is insanity on a previously unimagined scale.

See the shaking of parents’ heads when City scouts ask to let their little fella join their academy. See the disillusion on the faces of the City youngsters who won the Youth Cup two years ago.

Spot the link with England’s woeful performances which showed the lack of quality throughout the squad. We just don’t have the players. Mainly because they’ve had their way blocked by average, over-paid foreign mercenaries.

An objective outsider would look at the obscene amount paid to seduce Toure to England, look at the country’s lamentable showing in the World Cup, and conclude we deserve our misery because we’ve become the whores of world football.” (Mirror)

Hmmmmmm, let me think about that for a while............

A prime example of someone who knows absolutely fuck all about football yet gets to write about, Brian Reade, I salute you sir, you fuckin head wound of the highest order.

cleav said:
if you could duplicate any footballer so that there were 11 of them, to make a complete side...i think the yaya toure's just might be the best in the world. for what that's worth.

We were saying this last week, the only position I don't think he could play is goalkeeper as he's not the most agile but he's certainly tall and strong enough to be a keeper.

Centre back - played there many times successfully including in a champions league final keeping a clean sheet

Full back - can certainly defend (see above) and is great bombing on

Centre mid (holding/attacking) - No comment required

Wide - often drifts out wide when in his advanced role and we've seen he can beat a man

Striker - Great finisher, strong, tall and quick, almost the perfect striker really.

The living definition of the word "indispensable". He is the iron man of this team. He always comes up big when needed.

I am the first to admit I thought to start with he was a complete waste of money, his opening spell at the club was forgetable to be polite.

Now for me he is the first name on the sheet (well in the first three with hart and vinnie anyway). I still feel he's better playing further up the park and he adds that directness that we lack when we try and walk the bloody thing in a la arsenal. Let's face it he'll have a pop from anywhere!

Anyone think he plays better when tevez is out of the team? I thought that when he first joined him and tevez were fighting for the same positions.

Anyway what's the odds on a yaya winner sunday?

Manchester+City's+Yaya+Toure+celebrates+scoring+a+goal+against+Newcastle+United+during+their+English+Premier+League+soccer+match+in+Newcastle,+north+east+England
yaya-toure-957767893.jpg

Ultimate "Big game player"!

jimmy blue shoes said:
Manchester+City's+Yaya+Toure+celebrates+scoring+a+goal+against+Newcastle+United+during+their+English+Premier+League+soccer+match+in+Newcastle,+north+east+England
yaya-toure-957767893.jpg

Ultimate "Big game player"!

Funny 2nd pic that - balo's face and then the identical positions of his and yaya's arms make it look like they balo is dancing.

The way mancini uses him at the mo is spot on, its like putting a middleweight in the ring and sending four flyweights in for the first six rounds to give him the run around and knacker him out.

Then send a heavyweight in to knock the fucker OUT!

Would you get in his way if he was running at ya? Would you fuck!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.