Yaya, Aguero and Form

I can actually understand where Damocles is coming from, however I think with all the returning players it will give us options, it's been a bad couple of months with Kompany out, now they all back we have plenty

it's been kind of obvious, and mancini himself has repeatedly recognized it, but there are two things missing: a deep lying playmaker and a winger.

I hate to say it because I've been a fan of his, but AJ's not good enough. More specifically, he's not fast enough to beat players consistently and get behind the defense. Someone like Lavezzi would make us insanely dangerous, especially when we overload flanks with Richards and/or Milner

Its not just that Yaya is coming back so now we will be great again, its that he does what no one else can do in the team. Yes he has ineffective games but he is the only.midfielder we have that will break the line and the only one who will be a regular scorer.

He provides a different option to anyone else in the squad. I understand that people might go over the top about him coming back but it is nothing but a good thing.

agree with this?

Yaya Toure, Ivory Coast. When Kolo Toure used to insist his little brother was better than him, most people smiled and acknowledged his humility and sense of family loyalty. It turns out, though, that it's true. Yaya Toure has developed into probably the most complete midfielder of the modern age, able to play in front of the back four and behind the front two, often in the course of the same game, starting out as a more attacking player before dropping back once his side is in the lead. His set-plays too are an overlooked strength: he set up Didier Drogba's second in the quarterfinal win over Equatorial Guinea and then curled in a beautiful free kick himself later in the same game.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/jonathan_wilson/02/13/acn.review/index.html#ixzz1mIvqHOQ5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z1mIvqHOQ5</a>

corky1970 said:
took your time writing that didnt you mr banhammer !!

its obvious to see we miss a runner in minfield that drags 2-3 players with them.
we are a tippy tap pass team but without the drive, yaya brings that drive and vision.

id be happy to have him right back

i fuly expect our performances to improve and b ack to the 3 or 4 nil scorelines quite soon !

He'd be wasted there IMO.

Good OP Dam

I know it sounds silly but i think the reason for our good home form is down to the size of our pitch, it suits our play.

The evidence for this we always struggle on narrow pitches away from home, we don't have the room to play it across the back four until room and options are created in the middle. We get pressed and put under pressure easier and that's when we revert to the hoof ball.

As for Yaya, we've missed his presence in the tunnel if nothing else, he's our Plan B which we've missed.

dear Damocles mate , I read with great interest the OP and on many things maybe I can agree.

I, however, remains with a doubt.

why we won every game at home against teams that defend with ten men and try to counter with pace , and have not won away from home where they do the same ?

i hope anyone can give me a credible logical answer or i'll be forced to stand on my point : referees.

Danamy said:
Good OP Dam

I know it sounds silly but i think the reason for our good home form is down to the size of our pitch, it suits our play.

The evidence for this we always struggle on narrow pitches away from home, we don't have the room to play it across the back four until room and options are created in the middle. We get pressed and put under pressure easier and that's when we revert to the hoof ball.

As for Yaya, we've missed his presence in the tunnel if nothing else, he's our Plan B which we've missed.

The wide pitch is a massive advantage to us, people underestimate just how much pitch sizes effect the results, it has much more effect to the players than even crowd backing in most games. I feel once our new training ground is built with the fantastic innovation of 8 separate pitches tailored to the dimensions and soil type of premier league rivals we will see a massively marked increase in away form

The thing with adding a super pacey winger, as lovely as it would be, is he's going to be just as ineffective as Adam Johnson if he's expected to do it all on his own. So many times we have a player end up in a great crossing position with no-one swarming into the box to get onto it. Or, god love him, just Aguero, up against two massive centre backs all on his little lonesome. Or Dzeko, who should be able to out jump everyone, yet seemingly can't.

It's something that particularly irks me about Rooney's game when he gets plaudits as some sort of play maker. So often he'll pick up the ball in the middle of the park, go forward ten yards, hoof it to Valencia (or other winger) and then he along with 2 or 3 others will just storm headlong into the box to get onto a cross or a knock down. Without the storming you don't get the goals, and for some reason I envisage our new speedy one man counter attack storming down the wing and hoofing a great ball in whilst Aguero and Silva are out jumped all day and Balotelli is sitting on the edge of the box waiting for a side foot into the corner.

It's not really a problem I think can be solved with any one player, but plenty of the positions we find ourselves in against teams packing the middle should be more than adequate to ping in crosses for a good aerial 6 yard poacher type. The standing of heading from our strikers is pretty bloody abysmal to be honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.