Yaya and Nasri

BigOscar said:
andrewmswift said:
BigOscar said:
Are people actually suggesting them as a midfield two? Surely not

with fernandinho behind
I could see it in a 3, but I don't think Fernandinho is the holding midfielder that some think he is. He'd have to do an awful lot to make up for the defensive "efforts" of Nasri and Yaya

you mean like he did tonight? also nasri worked his fucking socks off defensively, so ...

andrewmswift said:
BigOscar said:
andrewmswift said:
with fernandinho behind
I could see it in a 3, but I don't think Fernandinho is the holding midfielder that some think he is. He'd have to do an awful lot to make up for the defensive "efforts" of Nasri and Yaya

you mean like he did tonight? also nasri worked his fucking socks off defensively, so ...
We were playing a pub team, who still managed to get in between our defence and midfield frequently in the first half and had a 38 year old given all the time in the world to pick out any pass he wanted. As it happened, he was useless, so couldn't do anything exceprt overhit long balls into the box, but it was hardly an impressive defensive display from our midfield was it? They had acres of space, especially on the break in the first half

If Samir can get more consistency into his game and I think he can if he's played through the middle more.....then he can become that world beater we all know he can be.

We were playing a pub team, who still managed to get in between our defence and midfield frequently in the first half[/quote]
Pub team who beat napoli 5-0 over 2 games last year....

RobertBlue said:
We were playing a pub team, who still managed to get in between our defence and midfield frequently in the first half
Pub team who beat napoli 5-0 over 2 games last year....[/quote]
Suddenly, they are a pub team because we beat them. Some here need a wobble. This is a team that went thru 3 rounds of qualifiers not dropping a game an scoring 20.

Great to see yaya further up the pitch.him and nasri have definitely got an understanding.don,t forget we, ve also got jovetic.when our team all click its gonna be beautiful

sam-caddick said:
I think it would be confidence suicide for Nasri if he is to get dropped for the derby, he has to start.

Please no. The guy is a fucking fanny when it comes to the crunch. I'd rather have Yaya, Fernandinho and either Rodwell or Milner in the middle. I'm really worried that if we go into the game with Yaya and Fernandinho plus a selection of attackers the rags will dominate the middle and we'll struggle.

masterwig said:
sam-caddick said:
I think it would be confidence suicide for Nasri if he is to get dropped for the derby, he has to start.

Please no. The guy is a fucking fanny when it comes to the crunch. I'd rather have Yaya, Fernandinho and either Rodwell or Milner in the middle. I'm really worried that if we go into the game with Yaya and Fernandinho plus a selection of attackers the rags will dominate the middle and we'll struggle.

We beat them in the derby a year and a half ago with Kompany's header and our midfield looked as follows. Nasri, Barry, Yaya, Silva with two strikers upfront. We really bossed the midfield that night. I would play these four with the exception of Barry, of course (Fernandinho is the best option there). Only after 70 minutes we subbed on De Jong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.