Yaya, c'mon fella!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/sergio-aguero-villarreal-15570233/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodispl ... -15570233/</a>

comes in and gives Aguero a hug. As a player who has won a billion trophies in domestic football, not to mention won us our 2 biggest games in years, I think we're reaching big time if we're saying he's not into it or he doesn't care because he's not doing cartwheels for sneaking a win in a home group stage game that we played terribly in.

Didsbury Dave said:
Tricky_Trev said:
He creates more problems than he solves. Don't really understand why he's undroppable in Mancini's eyes - he rarely even subs him off either.
In total agreement with this trev, and have been since he arrived.

When he does what he's good at - running at people - he can be dangerous.

But he often labours our build up play and gives it away.

I did hear he's a big motivator in the dressing room. I didn't see his reaction but I hope it was anger at the performance of the team.

The last sentence is the nail being hit on the head. The guy's a winner and knows we should have won that game comfortably. This means that he wasn't happy even when the late winner went in. Far from being critical of him for this, I actually like that attitude a lot. By the way, the 2nd name on the teamsheet for me for this weekends game (after Silva).

Andouble said:
http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/sergio-aguero-villarreal-15570233/

comes in and gives Aguero a hug. As a player who has won a billion trophies in domestic football, not to mention won us our 2 biggest in years, I think we're reaching big time if we're saying he's not into it or he doesn't care because he's not doing cartwheels for sneaking a win in a home group stage game that we played terribly in.
Tolmie and I in my post were referring more to the final whistle than the goal. It just smacked of taking the wind out of Dzeko's sail to me and I presume it was because Yaya wasn't impressed with Dzeko's performance. Dzeko was all joyous and buzzing, as were the rest of the team, went to give Yaya a high ten, a pat on the head or whatever and Yaya just looked at him as if he was shit. For a split second you could see Dzeko felt like he had been shot down. That said though, others might look at it as Yaya being a winner and not impressed with how Dzeko had performed on that stage. Whichever though, it's definitely there to see, the none-reaction I mean.

he started last season poorly for me, and in the main has done so this season. but he is a class act, and will step up for us when we need him to. it was his surging run that pushed us up the field for our equalizer if i remember rightly

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I don't know if it was a simple sense of frustration or whatever, but his actions last night left me confused.

For those who recorded the game to watch later, his response to the Aguero winner is so fucking annoying.

Underwhelmed, is the best way to describe it, as the rest of his team-mates celebrate the drama of it all.

Then watch as a beaming Dzeko attempts to at least to congratulate Yaya at the final whistle.

Yaya struggles to mouth 'good job', all the same, he cuts him dead and I continued to watch as he trudged off with all the enthusiasm of someone who has to get up at 4am every day.

I know he's used to big games, but c'mon fella, it's an injury-time winner in a Champions League must-win.

It just came across as someone who thinks his shit smells sweeter.

Not a dig mate, but if i had wrote something like that i'd be getting slagged off for it, as well as you know.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
danburge82 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
The wierdest, most contradictory player I've ever seen.

Brilliant at some things, awful at others, usually in the same game.

He's fast when he gets going, yet slow in tight spaces, athletic on a run, yet unfit when it finishes, strong on the ball, yet weak in the tackle, positive at times, yet negative at others.

He's not a defensive midfieilder. Get him back in the hole for United and drop Nasri.

He was a problem until he moved forward last night in that he stoped our momentum, kept passing backwards. He did better when he moved forwards but made the wrong decision most times he got in a dangerous position.
Yaya is the shittest brilliant player; or the most brilliant shit player, that i've ever seen! haha. He is fast and slow, he is strong and weak, he is great at passing and shit at passing, he's skillful and very unskillful, he's a fit athletic specimen and a lump of lard... all in the same five minutes!

We're also going to be without him for six weeks very shortly and I'm chuffed to bits that Milner is coming to the fore.

I was very excited by his signing and believe he can be our Lampard if given his chance in the centre.

Has to play at the swamp, as DD says, Yaya behind the striker, Nasri on the bench.
Yeah i agree with that.<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:17 pm --<br /><br />
Stillsy said:
Hes fucking unfit and overweight for a footballer at the level he plays at and has to cover the distance he does.
He was last season up until late November then in the second half of the season his fitness was much higher and he was great. I don't think he had one good game in the first 15 for us when he first signed. I posted a few times that he was the fattest player in the Premier League. But then it just seemed that he lost about a stone and improved his game no end - i think it was West Ham away where he really shone for the first time, and he never looked back.

Besides the fact he was knackered, I think he may have been disappointed at the way we played and couldn't finish them off early.

Stop analyzing things so much, just appreciate the lads for who they are, we all seemed to warm to Balo's crazy shit.

As for Yaya, yeah he makes some clumsy errors here and there but he bosses that midfield. I think when he leaves in January people might see us play and just feel as if our system is missing something.

This man is world class, and I still think he is still settling to football at City and will go to a even higher level soon.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I don't know if it was a simple sense of frustration or whatever, but his actions last night left me confused.

For those who recorded the game to watch later, his response to the Aguero winner is so fucking annoying.

Underwhelmed, is the best way to describe it, as the rest of his team-mates celebrate the drama of it all.

Then watch as a beaming Dzeko attempts to at least to congratulate Yaya at the final whistle.

Yaya struggles to mouth 'good job', all the same, he cuts him dead and I continued to watch as he trudged off with all the enthusiasm of someone who has to get up at 4am every day.

I know he's used to big games, but c'mon fella, it's an injury-time winner in a Champions League must-win.

It just came across as someone who thinks his shit smells sweeter.

He was probably knackered, was one of only a few players last night who were desperate to get on the ball and make it happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.