Yaya-Keep or Sell?

Cant believe all the bad feeling here towards Yaya..

Fantastic player, who can still do a good job, so long as he gets fit.

It is not bad feeling, it is realistic. No one denies he has been great for us.

If he wasn't fit last season that was down to him. I think he was as fit as he can be but if it is either attitude or fitness that is the problem. Either way it is time he was on his way.

Was Iniesta the only one you noticed that happening to? I seem to recall seeing a host of Spanish players looking easy past it. It was quite sad and familiar. The slow and turgid attempts at ball possesion , as the younger more vital opposition chased, harassed and eventually deconstructed the Spanish team. :(
Agree, younger more more vital players is something we desperately need, - particularly in centre mid. A strong physical younger version of Yaya, to be "merlin's minder" and stop him getting kicked from pillar to post every week, is a priority in my opinion
If the season lasted for 10 games I'd back this current squad against any other premier league team you care to mention. Unfortunately the premier league (Which is always my priority) league runs for 38.
Sadly I feel that unless the age of the current first team squad is brought down significantly, with some quality replacements, before the season starts, I fear we could be struggling, badly to make the top 3 by the time we've played 25 league games

Last edited:
Agree, younger more more vital players is something we desperately need, particularly in centre mid. A strong physical younger version of Yaya, to be "merlin's minder" and stop him getting kicked from pillar to post every week.
If the season lasted for 10 games I'd back this current squad against any other premier league team you care to mention. Unfortunately the premier league (Which is always my priority) league runs for 38.
Sadly I feel that unless the age of the current first team squad is brought down significantly, with some quality replacements, before the season starts, I fear we could be struggling, badly to make the top 3 by the time we've played 25 league games

We are not that old, Ya Ya, Zab and Demichellis will all be gone. That will lower the age.

Was Iniesta the only one you noticed that happening to? I seem to recall seeing a host of Spanish players looking easy past it. It was quite sad and familiar. The slow and turgid attempts at ball possesion , as the younger more vital opposition chased, harassed and eventually deconstructed the Spanish team. :(
yeah, I know what you are saying. It was more that Iniesta was playing in a deeper midfield position like Yaya. They looked about as able to snap into a plan B as we did last season. Not going to critisise Dave though as I thought he has been decent at this tournament, if a little shot shy.

Agree, younger more more vital players is something we desperately need, - particularly in centre mid. A strong physical younger version of Yaya, to be "merlin's minder" and stop him getting kicked from pillar to post every week, is a priority in my opinion
Ha! This is why I've been a serious ageist all summer, and generally don't like or wan5 anyone over 25, and really would rather most of our recruits be 23 or younger.

Thus;
Yes on : Pogba, Sane, Peirrera, Gabriel Jesus, Moreno, Dybala, Isco etc

And not really fussed about links to Nolito, Aubemayang, Valdez and the like.

Peres, Gundogan, Hector and Griezmannare all on the cusp. I'm all for young rising talent or exceptional older players.

Will make exceptions for Messi, Bale. and Payet. Everyone else over 25 really don't tickle my fancy. Wanna throw up when I see folks bigging up interest in players like Iniesta, Busquet, Dani Alves or Bonucci. Really don't want these superstars on the downward trajectory.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.