Yaya/Kolo not available against the rags - BBC {merged}

AustinBlue said:
Gray said:
kbb said:
Plus what a lot of people haven't cottoned onto is this.

The ACON is played every two years and is currently in even years (ie 2010, 2012 etc).

It has been decided that in order that it isn't played in the same year as Euros, Worlds etc then it should move to odd years beginning..............in 2013.

So we lose them next Jan as well!!!
Exactly and I still want to know why it is played at this time of year as I have checked the temperatures for the countries staging the tournament and it is cooler in our off season than it is at present.

What is wrong with playing it in June and July?

Have you been to Africa in June and July? That would be like holding the World Cup in Qatar.

Southern hemisphere mate...Its their winter time... Of sorts...the world cup was 2 years ago and no huge temperatures during games.

In fairness its bollocks that it is in the middle of a football season and it will be changed sooner rather than later but its one of the oldest international competitions around and its not exactly a shock to people that it comes around every 2 years so everyone who has a good African player has to hope that the country they are from is complete dogshite at football

Disaster, could be even worse for us, than the dippers loosing Suarez for eight.

I guess Fergie will be able to work out our line up for Sunday.

:(

Swordfish7 said:
I would be very happy if all international football was scrapped.

That would be terrible. When would idiots get the opportunity to fly little George Crosses on their cars if we didn't have international football tournaments?

For those that aren't sure whether Africa is in the northern or southern hemisphere, its well and truly in both, in almost equal bits.

600-africa.jpg

Just in case nobody knows, the thin blue line running right to left through the middle is the thing that decides which one you are in ;o)

On one side of it its winter now (like here), and on the other side its winter in our summer. Nearest the line its always warm/hot and humid. The ACN can be played in both halves of the map.

cleavers said:
For those that aren't sure whether Africa is in the northern or southern hemisphere, its well and truly in both, in almost equal
Just in case nobody knows, the thin blue line running right to left through the middle is the thing that decides which one you are in ;o)

On one side of it its winter now (like here), and on the other side its winter in our summer. Nearest the line its always warm/hot and humid. The ACN can be played in both halves of the map.
Visited Kenya a couple of years ago and crossed the equator three times, but I didn't see no thin blue line, are you sure it's there?

cleavers said:
squirtyflower said:
Visited Kenya a couple of years ago and crossed the equator three times, but I didn't see no thin blue line, are you sure it's there?
You have to look carefully, its very thin, easily missed.

Plus, you have to be a member of the Police force, I believe.

Yaya is a colossal loss. anderson and carrick aren't great but they're pretty mobile unlike de Jong who can't seem to play in a four man midfield. Don't think Nige is up to it but I live in hope

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.