Yaya/Kolo not available against the rags - BBC {merged}

Gray said:
kbb said:
Plus what a lot of people haven't cottoned onto is this.

The ACON is played every two years and is currently in even years (ie 2010, 2012 etc).

It has been decided that in order that it isn't played in the same year as Euros, Worlds etc then it should move to odd years beginning..............in 2013.

So we lose them next Jan as well!!!
Exactly and I still want to know why it is played at this time of year as I have checked the temperatures for the countries staging the tournament and it is cooler in our off season than it is at present.

What is wrong with playing it in June and July?

Have you been to Africa in June and July? That would be like holding the World Cup in Qatar.

Surely just a matter of the club talking to the IC federation and offering a small sum towards football development in the IC as compensation...

Isn't that the way of the world (or FIFA at any rate)?

Cannot see any plausible reason why IC would deny Yaya and Kolo the chance to play in the derby unless there was something in it for them.

Maybe it's just the cynical in me...

standupifyouhatemanu said:
Not sure what the problem is?

Blackburn and Newcastle have just beaten the rags, are we saying that without the Toure Bro's we are not good enough to beat them?

We have a strong squad and we are a match for anyone, only a horrific untimely injury list would make me think otherwise.

but, according to a talksport presenter, the rags have asked Greater Manchester Police for the services of the Riot Squad (who will be there in force) to shield their midfield.

AustinBlue said:
Gray said:
kbb said:
Plus what a lot of people haven't cottoned onto is this.

The ACON is played every two years and is currently in even years (ie 2010, 2012 etc).

It has been decided that in order that it isn't played in the same year as Euros, Worlds etc then it should move to odd years beginning..............in 2013.

So we lose them next Jan as well!!!
Exactly and I still want to know why it is played at this time of year as I have checked the temperatures for the countries staging the tournament and it is cooler in our off season than it is at present.

Have you been to Africa in June and July? That would be like holding the World Cup in Qatar.

It depends who the host is.. World Cup in South Africa was played while snow was on mountains around cities where matches were played..

And June and July are hot everywhere, I doubt it would be worse than World Cup in USA where matches were played at hottest parts of a day so European could avoid watching matches at 3-4 AM

ACON is problem for Africans at first, than to everyone else.. the fact they have to go in the middle of the season is definitely stopping many players to sign for big clubs and get better contracts. Huge players would get their money but those below that level definitely suffer from that at some point.

Yaya should retire tomorrow (edit: from international football)!

"I am very sad. Missing the FA Cup derby is a real pain after I have spent weeks trying to seek a solution."

"But the Federation would not accept us leaving it to Sunday. I am suffering a lot over this."

Burtonblue said:
Surely just a matter of the club talking to the IC federation and offering a small sum towards football development in the IC as compensation...

Isn't that the way of the world (or FIFA at any rate)?

Cannot see any plausible reason why IC would deny Yaya and Kolo the chance to play in the derby unless there was something in it for them.

Maybe it's just the cynical in me...

There idiots, it won't be long before there's a mass of early retirements and the federations will all become gymnastically flexible. This meeting is nothing more than a jolly, the coach sounds like a cock and is full of himself. Drogba has already talked about retiring from international football.

AustinBlue said:
Gray said:
kbb said:

Err.... for most of Africa, June and July are in the middle of winter.

I have been to Nigeria and Ghana in July and that was the wet season.

It was nothing like Qatar!

This is some seriously stupid bullshit, this competition doesn't even make any sense. If it was every four years then I could see it but this is fucked up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.