Yaya on the goal

I was watching and he did seem to slow down, his thighs looked like they went a little tense at the end.

Yaya (from the players who started the game - possibly Zabba, Barry and Kompany too to an extent)) was the only one who looked like he wanted the three points towards the end. Apart from the Subs. (Silva, Richards and Aguero) only Yaya gave me any hope. AJ may have had a decent first half, but he was anonymous in the second half; Dzeko was poor all game as was Lescott.

The people slagging off Yaya (as usual) really do seem to know next to nothing about football at the highest level. I am extremely worried about him going to the ACON as De Jong simply isn't good enough any more to fill this Maestro's boots. I hope to god that Milner and Barry do a good job in there whilst he's gone, as more losses/draws could see us lose ground in the title race between us and the Rags. Yes, the only two teams who might win the title, despite what some may say.

Still confident, but the likes of Dzeko and Balotelli need to start firing on all cylinders, along with a return to his best for Silva. Others need to step up too, like Samir Nasri, who can do so much more if he just becomes a little braver in his selection of passes. I hope our renaissance starts on Tuesday evening against Liverpool and we can get this show back on the road. With Kolo, Clichy, Balotelli, Milner all back in the fold, there's no reason why not.

CTID.

Lucky13 said:
strongbowholic said:
Funny, I thought it was the linesman's fault for not flagging when the Sunderland was blatantly offside?

Still, all about opinions innit.

Play to the whistle?
We did play to the whistle and their player who was further forward than our defenders ended up scoring.

I was making the point that the players were not really to blame. When a player is offside and the official can't be arsed putting his flag up to make the correct, crucial call, then, call me old fashioned if you want, I blame the official.

If we miss out on the league title by 3 points then we will look back on this game and ask why did the officials not make the correct call?

strongbowholic said:
Lucky13 said:
strongbowholic said:
Funny, I thought it was the linesman's fault for not flagging when the Sunderland was blatantly offside?

Play to the whistle?
We did play to the whistle and their player who was further forward than our defenders ended up scoring.

I was making the point that the players were not really to blame. When a player is offside and the official can't be arsed putting his flag up to make the correct, crucial call, then, call me old fashioned if you want, I blame the official.

If we miss out on the league title by 3 points then we will look back on this game and ask why did the officials not make the correct call?

Its asinine to blame players like Barry or Yaya especially when our defense plays the offside trap!

In this case the defense is not to be blamed either. We were screwed by the linesman non-call.

it was not yaya only who didn't give a shit, if it was yaya only it wouldn't be only 3-4 of our players on our half when they were running attack..

all of them that were in front of their goal just stopped playing counting it's finished and nothing would happen

DTeacher said:
Yaya (from the players who started the game - possibly Zabba, Barry and Kompany too to an extent)) was the only one who looked like he wanted the three points towards the end. Apart from the Subs. (Silva, Richards and Aguero) only Yaya gave me any hope. AJ may have had a decent first half, but he was anonymous in the second half; Dzeko was poor all game as was Lescott.

The people slagging off Yaya (as usual) really do seem to know next to nothing about football at the highest level. I am extremely worried about him going to the ACON as De Jong simply isn't good enough any more to fill this Maestro's boots. I hope to god that Milner and Barry do a good job in there whilst he's gone, as more losses/draws could see us lose ground in the title race between us and the Rags. Yes, the only two teams who might win the title, despite what some may say.

Still confident, but the likes of Dzeko and Balotelli need to start firing on all cylinders, along with a return to his best for Silva. Others need to step up too, like Samir Nasri, who can do so much more if he just becomes a little braver in his selection of passes. I hope our renaissance starts on Tuesday evening against Liverpool and we can get this show back on the road. With Kolo, Clichy, Balotelli, Milner all back in the fold, there's no reason why not.

CTID.

For me, Aguero is my biggest worry. He unlike any other has a way of finding gaols scoring chances. ANd he is wasting too many of them for my taste. He again missed the clearest chance today. :( I know he is scoring a lot, but he is capable of being a top 5 player in the world. Right now he is playing like a top 25 player. Superstars should do more. And if I were to ask more of anyone, I'd ask it of Aguero. And not Dzeko or AJ. I only expect good from those guys. I expect greatness from Aguero and Silva!

strongbowholic said:
Lucky13 said:
strongbowholic said:

Play to the whistle?

I'd blame our players for not scoring rather than blame an official.

Dax777 said:
For me, Aguero is my biggest worry. He unlike any other has a way of finding gaols scoring chances. ANd he is wasting too many of them for my taste. He again missed the clearest chance today. :( I know he is scoring a lot, but he is capable of being a top 5 player in the world. Right now he is playing like a top 25 player. Superstars should do more. And if I were to ask more of anyone, I'd ask it of Aguero. And not Dzeko or AJ. I only expect good from those guys. I expect greatness from Aguero and Silva!

I can understand where you are coming from, as I have felt the same over the season, but I have seen signs that he is looking sharper of late. I know he still seems to miss a few but I have a feeling he is about to explode into brilliance very soon now. By god, we need it too!!

I agree that Silva and he need to really step up to the plate in the next few games (in terms of 'greatness') and I also feel that Sergio has the ability to be in the Top 5 players in the world. IF they do, (along with Balotelli, Yaya and a few others) we can get this show back on the road.

Let's start on Tuesday, boys. Blast those Scousers into oblivion!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.