Yaya on the goal

Lucky13 said:
strongbowholic said:
Lucky13 said:
Play to the whistle?
We did play to the whistle and their player who was further forward than our defenders ended up scoring.

I was making the point that the players were not really to blame. When a player is offside and the official can't be arsed putting his flag up to make the correct, crucial call, then, call me old fashioned if you want, I blame the official.

If we miss out on the league title by 3 points then we will look back on this game and ask why did the officials not make the correct call?

I'd blame our players for not scoring rather than blame an official.
Fair enough. I'd have thought being cheated out of at least a draw may have rankled and been unacceptable to most Blues, but if you're happy with it, who am I to argue?

Irrespective of whether or not we'd missed 14 open nets, 16 penalties, were involved in a 22 man brawl and dry bummed Martin O'Neill in the process, the bottom line is that official got a crucial decision wrong. The goal should not have stood therefore they would not have won and that too me is hugely important in the context of what happened today.

Anyone else concerned of the fact that he will probably start against Liverpool? Mancini just doesn't seem to rest him at all.

Played full 90mins and with 48 hour rest his stamina will be even worse!!!! He will get knackered in the first 20mins....wont he?

Couldn't agree more. For gods sake just watch him. When city have the ball he works- when they haven't he just stops and walks - regularly. In fact he's done it all season yet still gets picked every game, drives me nuts.

Been a bit off the pace since Chelsea. His passing has not been to his usual standard either and his work rate when we don't have the ball has been poor.

Don't get me wrong, when the lad is on song, he is unplayable, but I've seen him play some shocking passes and them act like it wasn't his fault. As someone has already said, he need a rocket up his arse or at least time to reflect at the ACoN.

Calcio said:
93 mins gone and he has no chance to win the ball back, most players would jog back and expect the players behind them to win the ball back. if the goal didnt go in, no one would notice this

That's kind of the reason why you hustle back. In case the ball gets held up you can actually add to the defense. Standing around hoping someone else will do the job isn't what he is paid 250K a week for. When Sunderland saw that our midfield wasn't interested in working defensively they flood us. Shocking to be honest.<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:33 am --<br /><br />
ono said:
Nearly everyone stopped to be fair.

Exactly. Complete mental breakdown. Shameful.

yes i am a bit worried at our recent form and near-future matches as well

most of our squad is from a warmer climate i.e. Southern Europe/Africa
maybe they do tend to get fatigued and drowsy during winter matches, January being the coldest part of the year

wonder just exactly is in store for Scouser scum and Man U coming up next

gerrygowsjockstrap said:
That's why De Jong should have been on the pitch. He would have been there in the middle to cut anything out. I myself would not have played YaYa today. Would have given him the break he needs & played Milner. By the way I am a Dzeko fan & see him get back to defend. Then gets forward as a lone front man. Watch the game more closely. i'm sure you won't see Balotteli do that much. Oozes skill but can be very lazy.

He was on a card early on, chances are he would have been off for a red anyway.

It's the teams fault for not scoring!
We should never have aloud Sunderland even the slightest chance of victory n put away our own chances.

On another day Richards header would have gone in, Dzekos shot that hit the bar would have dipped in.

We didn't put the chances away and as a result we got punished. Yaya was one of our better players on the day and all this moaning will turn into a countdown of when Yaya is back because he does so much for the team.

redmizzle said:
gerrygowsjockstrap said:
That's why De Jong should have been on the pitch. He would have been there in the middle to cut anything out. I myself would not have played YaYa today. Would have given him the break he needs & played Milner. By the way I am a Dzeko fan & see him get back to defend. Then gets forward as a lone front man. Watch the game more closely. i'm sure you won't see Balotteli do that much. Oozes skill but can be very lazy.

He was on a card early on, chances are he would have been off for a red anyway.
this, books de Jong 1st tackle then eventually books Larsen after. 6th foul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.