Yaya on the goal

geoff hammond said:
on this website most of our team have been labelled as crap/useless/overrated at some stage.

i try to take the rough with the smooth

at the moment there is a lot more smooth than for the past 40 yrs of watching city

coulsonblue wrote:
. This is stating a fact, stating that Yaya and Vincent were poor should be allowed.

by the way - this is stating an opinion - not a fact

What he was stating was a fact, he should be able to state his opinion.

Dax777 said:
coulsonblue said:
He gave the ball away several times yesterday and was poor. As was Vincent Kompany, slack in posession and both he and Lescott didn't follow Ji's run for the goal.

P.S. This is stating a fact, stating that Yaya and Vincent were poor should be allowed.
Well seeing as everyone gives the ball away sometimes during the game. This alone is not proof of either being poor. Perhaps Yaya is arguable, but Kompany was frankly City's best player on the pitch so I really don't see how you reached the conclusion he was poor.

And while Yaya wasn't great, he wasn't poor either. Kompany, Zabaletta and Barry were the best in field players

General slack possession cost us. and yaya was a key protagonist in that case.

Kompany was not the best player. He lost his runner (Ji) for the goal, and his passing was, as it always is, woeful. And when he attempted the 35 yard shot, dear me!<br /><br />-- Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:52 pm --<br /><br />
geoff hammond said:
on this website most of our team have been labelled as crap/useless/overrated at some stage.

i try to take the rough with the smooth

at the moment there is a lot more smooth than for the past 40 yrs of watching city

coulsonblue wrote:
. This is stating a fact, stating that Yaya and Vincent were poor should be allowed.

by the way - this is stating an opinion - not a fact

Yaya gave the ball away too often. Fact.

Kompany lost Ji for the goal. Fact.

Kompany played long-balls forwards that lost us possession. Fact.

Kompany attempted a shot from 35-yards, which he scuffed along the ground, losing possession. Fact.

"P.S. This is stating a fact, stating that Yaya and Vincent were poor should be allowed." - is an opinion
- in my opinion

yaya scored at wembley twice - fact

Not to blame for the goal but I fail to understand why so many love him (apart from those 2 goals). Going forward he's great, a man mountain and he has been better recently. But if he's standing still receiving the ball I don't trust him to keep possession. He's not the box to box misfielder we need. Milner will do just fine to replace him although I'd quite like to see nasri in centre midfield. Will never happen while yaya is around though.

Personally i like the guy a lot.
Main thing for me is the Stena line ferry can turn in a tighter circle and his brakes are shit!
Still think he's a 1st eleven starter when fit for every game.

geoff hammond said:
"P.S. This is stating a fact, stating that Yaya and Vincent were poor should be allowed." - is an opinion
- in my opinion

But the fa cup last year is gone and has nothing to do with now.

You could say that for every player.

Fa Cup is history. and if yaya gives the ball away too much against sunderland, which he did, fact, then he was poor.

fact. - a think that is indisputably the case.

Unless you are blind, yaya and kompany both gave the ball away too often on sunday

Neil McNab said:
The dim see only the positives he brings, the rest of us see him taking longer to get up off his arse than a jobless teenager takes to get out of bed and the way he gulps for air every time he runs 50 yards (which aint that often)!

How fucking stupid do you feel right now?

coulsonblue said:
geoff hammond said:
- in my opinion

But the fa cup last year is gone and has nothing to do with now.

You could say that for every player.

Fa Cup is history. and if yaya gives the ball away too much against sunderland, which he did, fact, then he was poor.

fact. - a think that is indisputably the case.

Unless you are blind, yaya and kompany both gave the ball away too often on sunday

good job you're not in charge of city - the pair would have been dropped for last night

facts - Yaya scored last night and Vinnie was voted sponsors man of the match.

my opinion - they played well

Yaya is the best midfielder in the Premier League by a country mile.

There are very few players in world football who have such an impact in top level matches as this man. He is an intelligent player too. Reads the game well.
He could play as a central defender and as a striker.

He is now beginning to resemble Vieira at his peak.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.