Yaya out for the season?

bennyboy said:
avoidconfusion said:
To be honest Toure has been a passenger too often anyway. This might be a blessing in disguise and we looked much, much better when he came off.
Our top goalscorer a passenger.lol.You could not make this shite up.

Most goals are from free kicks and penalties.

Toure is great when he has the ball, but when he doens't , he gets dragged out of position and then the other team exploit the space in between the lines. We can no longer be held hostage. Toure must be dropped.

Listen, we got the wins when he was at the Africa Cup those two seasons. We can cope without him if we have to.

Losing Yaya would be a blow. I know a lot of fans call him lazy and that he doesn't give 100% every match. There were games that he carried us on too. City will do what it has to do without him.

Being a World Cup year seems like players are more concerned for staying healthy for those matches meaning most are giving a little less as it gets closer especially if they've been dealing with injuries.

dronefromsector7g said:
Blueband Brother said:
dronefromsector7g said:
Yes I'm fucking serious we bossed the so called champions elect without him and we've got 6 games most at home against worse teams than the dippers. We have cover for him so why don't you calm down and let people have an opinion other than the 'Yaya turns up for the big game' mantra?

I am sorry to inform you but it was the introduction of Milner that actually turned the game to our favour and to suggest that we do not need Yaya or you are not concerned that Yaya may not be involved in the most crucial part of the season is very worrying indeed.

We played very well in the second half as there was better link up between Silva and Milner but Yaya on the pitch with those two players would have been even better and perhaps produced a better outcome.

History has clearly showed us this season that the so called worse teams can pull the rug from under our legs. History has also shown that Yaya has been the one to get that all crucial goal against the so called ''worse teams than the dippers''

I am not saying that we cannot manage without Yaya but the fact that we are in the current situation in the league infers that having the best players available going into the final push is certainly a better situation to be in and you just cannot dismiss Yaya as unimportant going into this final stretch because of what transpired in the second half of one game.

Nice straw man there, I respond to a post about Yaya being out by saying no worries, as in we can cope, and that turns into he's shit and yes I am concerned that we might not have him around. One of the reasons I don't post up here is the stupid reactionaries jumping on every comment made. People can't vent on here it seems.

So, I am a stupid reactionary, OK I guess that is your opinion and your prerogative to insult but missing Yaya is indeed a worry for the last games of the season, there are no easy games and although we will have to cope and can cope it is still a worry and it will be better to have him in the squad because he is the best player in the team. That was the original disagreement, clear as water- you say it is not a worry because we played well in the second half against Liverpool, I say you cannot infer that from a 45 minute half and it is a worry in light of the objective of winning the rest of the games left and I gave reasons why that is the case so perhaps that is what you mistook as straw man argument.

Anyway, I just hope the injury is not too bad.

Some crazy talk here. I would hope we can cope for the next few games without yaya, but to question his contribution is silly. He is one of our peak performers. Just look at the graphic in the pre match thread that had yaya 1st in the whole league for passes, successful passes etc.

Blessing in disguise. LOL.

BlGeViiCYAAyHmv.jpg:large

Yaya controls our team. A lot of the best central midfielders haven't been very good defensively. Pirlo can't even tackle. But you're supposed to hide that flaw with other players rather than drop the maestro/conductor.

Yaya is one of the greatest midfielders in Premier League history.

We just need to be a different team without Yaya, not necesarily a worse or better one, but undeniably we cannot rely on someone who isn't available. Fernandinho and Javi Garcia offers a more natural shape and balance to our midfield and a better opportunity to press higher up the pitch, so we should focus on that rather than focus on the obvious loss of such a dominating figure. If we adapt the way we play then we should still be able to get results if we play well, plus Aguero is back now to reak some havoc. Silva in the hole with Aguero's movement should offer more than enough threat

LoveCity said:
Blessing in disguise. LOL.

BlGeViiCYAAyHmv.jpg:large

Yaya controls our team. A lot of the best central midfielders haven't been very good defensively. Pirlo can't even tackle. But you're supposed to hide that flaw with other players rather than drop the maestro/conductor.

Yaya is one of the greatest midfielders in Premier League history.
This hes world class but he needs legs either side of him to really see how good he is

Yaya is great for our team, that is undeniable but you have to have your eyes shut to not notice that he can be a liability when our team doesn't have possession of the ball.

He is a frustrating player because he has the physique to be able to be a complete footballer, but the defensive side of his game from a positional sense is what lets him down. The other factor is it isn't one game good followed by one bad one. It is much more complicated than that, he can be good and bad in the same game, depending on what is happening on the pitch. It is against the fast passing tricky sides where Yaya struggles most when our team are trying to get hold of the ball and create something ourselves. We would all miss him if he left the club, but we will have to plan for this sometime over the next 2-3 years. If he is out until the end of the season then so be it, we have players who can fill in, but we won't possess the match winner who can turn a game on his own from deep in midfield. Next season we will hopefully have a player at the club who can fill in for Yaya more easily when he is missing through injury or suspension.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.