Yaya says Pep "does not like African players" - Pep says "he's lying and knows it"

Must be a corporate defamation angle to all this too. Pep works for City - what happen when/if we are interested in a black african player - could Yaya's and selfsuk's rantings mean we have to defend ourselves as part the negotiations?

Must be a corporate defamation angle to all this too. Pep works for City - what happen when/if we are interested in a black african player - could Yaya's and selfsuk's rantings mean we have to defend ourselves as part the negotiations?

If we wanted to sue we would win. To accuse someone of racism is libellous and Ya Ya has done that. He would have to prove the allegations were true which would be impossible. The article defames Pep personally and also could be argued to have damaged City commercially. It could undermine potential sponsor deals in the future for example.
However it would be stupid for City or Pep to take legal action because a legal battle would be disastrous PR and more negative publicity. (worse than one article)
The pragmatic approach is just to let this one go. In any event Ya Ya and his agent are not credible people after this outburst. It would be pointless engaging with them.

I will try to find a different reason as to why Pep may not like African players. The reason I have come up with is "that of the African Cup of Nations", which takes place every 2yrs in the January & February. Is this the reason that Pep does not like African players is that he will lose any African players that he has for those months of the year.

In the past this was a fair reason imo to think twice before signing African players but that tournament has now been moved to the closed season so no longer a factor.

I do not think that any manager can afford to be a racist nowadays if they want to succeed. I think over the past two decades some managers have struggled to understand cultural differences that influence how some overseas players react to them but I do not think that is racist.

If we wanted to sue we would win. To accuse someone of racism is libellous and Ya Ya has done that. He would have to prove the allegations were true which would be impossible. The article defames Pep personally and also could be argued to have damaged City commercially. It could undermine potential sponsor deals in the future for example.
However it would be stupid for City or Pep to take legal action because a legal battle would be disastrous PR and more negative publicity. (worse than one article)
The pragmatic approach is just to let this one go. In any event Ya Ya and his agent are not credible people after this outburst. It would be pointless engaging with them.

Turns out seluk AND Yaya are complete dicks!!
Who knew!!!!??

I will try to find a different reason as to why Pep may not like African players. The reason I have come up with is "that of the African Cup of Nations", which takes place every 2yrs in the January & February. Is this the reason that Pep does not like African players is that he will lose any African players that he has for those months of the year.
Has yaya said that? back tracking but too late the damage has been done

Really sad., given the good moments he gave us....this latest ´statement’ if true sounds like a big fook off climb down and i wonder whether City’s legal team have given him a quiet heads-up

He's history - nobody is going to employ him in the top flight now his legs have gone.
I the claims are true that he is prepared to sign a contract for a top 6 side for £1 per week basic the rest of his wages made up in bonuses then it tells us all we need to know, no fucker has taken him up on the offer have they.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.