Yaya says Pep "does not like African players" - Pep says "he's lying and knows it"

Lost respect for Yaya after Cake Gate and that 2nd Pellegrini season - glad we are shot of him.

Hope - when we get a statue of Merlin, Vinny & Sergio - he will understand the reason why there isn't one for him

What would you say to potential new clubs? Pep didn't play me very often because my legs have gone and I'm now a liability in midfield? Or, Pep didn't play me despite the fact that I'm an amazing player because he's biased against me? Imagine you've got an ego the size of a planet and ask yourself which version would be preferable.

I was thinking along those lines myself. When you look at it for what it is, he is clearly trying to make excuses for the fact that Pep didn't play him. He can't admit it was because he wasn't good enough for Pep's system; he never was, even before he became 'past it'.

Yaya is a big man and although skillful in his pomp, was never really mobile enough to play in Pep's system - even when he was at Barca. I would think the same applied to Eto (I assume this must be the other black African he was referring to but happy to be corrected) and Ibrahimovich. Good players but again, did not fit Pep's system which is based on moving the ball quickly and getting up and down the pitch with speed.

In the article he mentions his training stats as a means of alluding to the fact that he's still a good player and could match those that Pep picked regularly for the first team (laughable, I know). So if he's that good, why was he continually overlooked? He plays the race card - but then must realise that at least 9 black players are regularly picked for the first team, so clearly Pep can't have an issue with black players. So he qualifies it by saying specifically, African players - but even then, he's painting himself into a corner because both Kompany and Sane are of African decent. So he further qualifies it by saying naturalised black African players - ludicrous!

In touting himself to play for wages of £1 per week to any top 6 club, it just highlights how desperate he is to play for one of them; if he is that good, surely they would be beating a path to his agents' door?

Pep treated Yaya so abysmally that he played him in the remaining games after we'd won the league, even though he wanted City to achieve the 100 point total. This meant he was able to collect a 3rd PL medal. I remember saying to my son when we were at the Brighton game that every time Yaya got the ball, he slowed the game down - which just proves he couldn't have played in Pep's system on a regular basis.

We stayed after that game to wish Yaya well - as others have said, he made mugs of us and we should have known he would after the cakegate fiasco.

The club should challenge Yaya on his accusations, to not do so could give credence to his views in the eyes of some people. For that reason at least they should defend Pep.

If not, then they should remove the mosaic and rename the training ground (someone I know suggested Dennis Tueart as a worthy role model).

Yaya is a big man and although skillful in his pomp, was never really mobile enough to play in Pep's system - even when he was at Barca. I would think the same applied to Eto (I assume this must be the other black African he was referring to but happy to be corrected) and Ibrahimovich. Good players but again, did not fit Pep's system which is based on moving the ball quickly and getting up and down the pitch with speed.
Don't forget those well known Africans Schweinsteiger, Mandzukic, Shaqiri, Gomez and Götze.

He's a horrible bloke deep down, a 'Muslim' thats nonsense and he was only in the papers the other week pictures of him cheating on his wife again (not for the first time I'm led to believe). He's an egotistical maniac and his off the pitch antics have well and truly destroyed his legacy.
If Muslims cant cheat on their wives how do they get other wives?

He played under pep at Barcelona. He had 6 years hearing rumours through connections on the football grapevine. He played one more season before pep offered him a one year extension. He had another season were he was under Guardiola. Now with racism being such an emotive subject you have to wonder when did he realise he was the victim and why he didn't make a stand earlier. Maybe he didn't want to jeopardize his cushy contract, in which case he is even lower than a snakes belly for putting financial considerations first

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.