Yaya Toure - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaya's form and fitness is night and day from last season.

Great management from Pep and fair play to Yaya for getting his head down and working hard.

He'll be off I reckon, Seluk won't get much from (likely) a 12 month extension on a reduced wage.

If he keeps this form up, evidence of a change of attitude and IF we can reduce wages I think it's a no brainer despite his age.

It will cost a hell of a lot more replacing Yaya with a player with the qualities he has.

I can only think of Kroos who is comparable in controlling a game from deep.

If he keeps this form up, evidence of a change of attitude and IF we can reduce wages I think it's a no brainer despite his age.

It will cost a hell of a lot more replacing Yaya with a player with the qualities he has.

I can only think of Kroos who is comparable in controlling a game from deep.
We'll have to reduce his wages, he simply won't be able to play every match like he used to.

Here's a question.

If he keeps this form up, do we extend his contract a year?

Absolutely.

I was one of his most vocal critics last season and was adamant that he would only get worse. More than happy to admit that I was wrong.

He might drop off again before the end of the season but I think his physical improvement alone shows that he knows that he really has to knuckle down to show that he's still worthy of earning big money, whether it's with us or someone else after the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.