Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off the pace but certainly tried.

Others had a bad game and still think he has a role to play. Just probably passing the ball aroind for the last 20 minutes in order to rest players when we are a couple of goals up.

If we can get a replacement then it's time to say goodbye in January. He's absolutely nowhere near good enough for us now. Too slow and disrupts the rhythm of our attack.
Sadly this is so true. We look a different team during all of his minutes on the pitch this year. His game time should be given to younger players. It's all very well having a high pass percentage but he constantly demands the ball then slows us down. He only can do the typical Yaya charge forward once or twice in a game and then needs about ten minutes to recover which tonight allowed them to create two good chances. Time to say goodbye in January.

Just doesn’t have a role in the team anymore. He keeps dropping back to the Center backs to start play but we don’t need it. Better for us both if he goes stateside. Sounds awful after what he’s done for us but we’re on the cusp of something special and he doesn’t fit.

Made a couple of nice runs in the second half,but he is a long way away from the player he was 3 years ago.
We definitely need to bring someone like Goretzka in January.
If Fernandinho gets injured we could start to struggle against the better teams imo.

I was stuck by how it of place he was. Even his best moments - two runs in the second half - we tactically out of place. Both times, I felt Feyenoord would have come under more pressure by quick passes forward than by him running at them.

Yaya should be given to the end of the season , if we win any trophies he deserves a medal for his contributions over the years , sentimental crap ? Maybe , but he would be ideal in a cameo appearance in a tight game , to keep hold of the ball , he may have lost a yard of pace , but he still very rarely gives the ball away. Despite his agent i would rank Yaya in the top six all time players at the club , hope he enjoys his retirement in New York.

Sad to see, but it really looked like age has caught up with him. Laboured in possession, often out of position and always looked sideways with his passing. Hopefully we don't see much of Yaya apart from meaningless games where we can rest a few.

Like I argued time and time over last season, he should not have been designed for 1 year.

I said it then, let all the 6 expiring contract expire. It was obvious he was simply going to be blocking a younger player from developing.

I couldn't argue this enough last season. We really shouldn't wait till our aging greats players lose every ounce of talent before we move on.

Sometimes you should just let them go finish somewhere else. Even if they still have a year or so left in them.

Because he probably thinks he should be starting more.
He doesn’t seem very happy to me and he does have previous behaviour issues.
He barely acknowledged young Foden when he replaced him.

Seems fine to me. Would also like to note all of the behaviour issues come from his agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.