Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on, at least if you’re going to post do it with some balance and perspective. The bloke has been convicted of drink driving, he’s lied about a deceased relative, he’s openly said “my agent speaks for me” or words to that effect, he’s downed tools completely for two full seasons, he’s kicked up a fuss on several occasions to try and force a move away and on the whole acted like he’s bigger than the club. Yes he’s a ridiculously gifted player when he wants to be, yes he’s scored goals which have won us trophies, yes he probably has attracted other players to the club in his early days. But for all the respect and adulation his footballing ability earned him, his attitude and behaviour on and off the pitch at times mean some people won’t respect him.

There’s a reason our academy has set plans to create not just good players but good people too.

For someone who reads more than I post it's clear you have a huge gripe against the man, for some reason.

For someone who reads more than I post it's clear you have a huge gripe against the man, for some reason.

For someone who reads more than they post I thought the reasons would be glaringly obvious, maybe I should increase the font size next time I post so you can see it better pal.

For someone who reads more than they post I thought the reasons would be glaringly obvious, maybe I should increase the font size next time I post so you can see it better pal.

Increase it all you can pal, I'm sure I'm not on my own.

You’re not on your own at what exactly? If you’re trying to insinuate something please spill the beans.

I'm simply stating I'm not on my own noticing your gripe against Yaya, that's all, nothing more.
You say he has downed tools for two seasons but did he not pull Pep out of the shit last season and more than helped us get top 4.

I'm simply stating I'm not on my own noticing your gripe against Yaya, that's all, nothing more.
You say he has downed tools for two seasons but did he not pull Pep out of the shit last season and more than helped us get top 4.

In all fairness I don’t hide my feelings on any player who downs tools (Tevez, Kolarov are just two that spring to mind). Likewise I happily praise players like Mangala who while technically limited gives everything he’s got.

On the flip side you could say that he screwed Pep by missing half a season because he was fat and unfit, not to mention the disruption caused by his failure to keep his agent quiet at the start of the season.

Toure has made a huge contribution to getting us where we are today, but that is in the past. Guardiolas game is all about pace and movement.
Whenever he plays now, he slows us down. This season in particular we go from defence to attack at speed especially when the opposition push up trying to catch our defence in possession. He is just not mobile or quick enough to cover the ground. Wolves nil nil and Feyenoord nil nil till he went off. Gundogan or Fernandinho is all we need.

Toure has made a huge contribution to getting us where we are today, but that is in the past. Guardiolas game is all about pace and movement.
Whenever he plays now, he slows us down. This season in particular we go from defence to attack at speed especially when the opposition push up trying to catch our defence in possession. He is just not mobile or quick enough to cover the ground. Wolves nil nil and Feyenoord nil nil till he went off. Gundogan or Fernandinho is all we need.

Being left out yesterday, maybe that signals that Pep is now confident Gundogan is up to speed to play back up to Fernandinho if needed.

jrD1iYJ5_normal.jpg
Dimitry Seluk

@dmitriseluk

Many clubs have asked for @YayaToure. He will not go anywhere in the winter transfer window, 100 per cent. Please don't worry. Yaya will stay at Man City until the end of the season. He will respect his contract. Yaya loves the club and remains fully committed to Manchester City.

We're playing with 10 men whenever he's on the pitch. Doesn't attack, slows the ball down, doesn't do any pressing or tracking of runners. Passing accuracy was awful today as well and even the ones that went to target were bad - loads of them at head or shin height.

I watched this game with a Barca fan who said that Yaya's been bad for us for almost as long as he was good for us now.

10/11, 11/12, 12/13 and 13/14 he was possibly our best player.

14/15, 15/16, 16/17 and 17/18 He's been either a massive weakness or not involved.

Maybe 14/15 Is a bit harsh but he's not far wrong.

It's genuinely depressing watching him waddle about these days and remembering what he once was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.