Yaya Toure apologises for accusing Guardiola of ‘having problems with Africans’

Phenomenal player. As important at times as any of our other mentality shifting players.

That goal vs Stoke to end the trophy drought, unbelievable.

Shame it ended the way it did off the pitch and maybe this is the first step to some kind of resolution.

I feel really sorry for him. Obvious a cock and I think he knows it so well done for apologising. But the amount of shit he has caused for City outweighs the good stuff he did. He was THE best in the PL for a few years and never was recognised, and now he's looking at the club and all the statues and history being made, but he wont be part of it. Thats the price of being a cock

As far as I'm concerned, he earned a statue by gambling his career with us to kickstart trophy wins. Just the effort alone to get us over the line vs Liverpool at Wembley was enough (limping/aching afterwards) he bust his guts. Cakegate and being angry about getting old and let go by Pep doesn't overshadow it enough for me.

For an intelligent man his public persona was being more of a dick than Gazza and that takes some doing. Apologising at this stage is not going to do him much good, Pep is infinitely more of a man than he will ever be. Great player, absolute tosser of a bloke in real life.
?

I have never heard him say a bad word about the club, and wouldn't believe the gutter press or a 3rd party twitter account or a sensationalised translation.

Apart from the rum punch driving thing nothing else is certain. Yet again the headline and quotes don't match, and it refers to something that supposedly happened a year ago. I think the club will want him back in the fold in the near future as a living legend.

Correct
I’ve always said that if he hadn’t got injured v QPR, there would have been no 93-20 No ‘Manchester City are still alive here’
Because he would have personally sorted that potential mess 20+ minutes earlier

I know looking back it was fantastic! It wasn’t on 88 minutes though was it really!!
Absolutely, he was there every time we needed something special. A very rare talent to have that ability when the highest pressure is on. FA Cup semi v rags, FA Cup Final, league cup v Sunderland, game before QPR v Newcastle, etc - he’d have sorted it alright. This guy isn’t just some ex-player, he wasn’t just part of our recent success, he wasn’t even just integral to it. He made it happen on the pitch.

I have never heard him say a bad word about the club, and wouldn't believe the gutter press or a 3rd party twitter account or a sensationalised translation.

Apart from the rum punch driving thing nothing else is certain. Yet again the headline and quotes don't match, and it refers to something that supposedly happened a year ago. I think the club will want him back in the fold in the near future as a living legend.

You think Pep will agree to that? Or that the hierarchy at the club would risk upsetting him? No chance, in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.