Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

People are focusing their ire at the wrong person.

The agent might be a dick and not be able to speak coherent English.

All the same, there is a reason Yaya has retained his services for such a long time.

Seluk is able to get him £200k plus a week.

That suggests he is very good at his primary job, to keep Yaya rich and happy.

Mino Raiola did exactly the same with Mario, although he is on a different planet in the dark arts to anyone else I have ever come across.

I believe them, it's not about more money.

It's about wanting a change of scene, same reason as Tevez and Mario.

Yaya has crossed a major line and like all good agents, he has one willing to take all the shit on his behalf.

I am certain City have/will call his bluff on this one and demand a public declaration in the next few days.

This World Cup timeline is an insult to everyone's intelligence.

Marvin said:
Stockport mackem said:
Must admit, the way he finished the season, I didn't see this coming.
As stated in other posts, there is clearly more to this than the thickness of the marzipan on his birthday cake.
So has the agent had an approach?
Well normally an approach in the summer would be quickly sacked off, but this is World Cup year.
If Yaya/his agent have had a tip off, they now have him in the shop window during the World Cup. Despite the agents claims it's not about money, if Yaya has a strong World Cup, his stock rises further.
Hopefully it blows over and he stays, maybe it's just a slow news day.
The whole world seems to think that this is Yaya Toure speaking, but it's his agent. And he has done this before.

This is what Simon Mullock a well connected journalist had to say about it earlier

High-level source at Man City has told me Yaya Toure is "unsellable." Said agent lost any influence he had at club when Yaya signed new deal

I can't believe that City have shown any disrespect to the player. More likely the agent is trying to wangle himself a cut of a new contract or a move, If the player is unhappy, the only thing I can think of is the awards where he was not recognised, but that's not City's fault.

City are Champions, and in the Champions League. No bigger club will be interested as he's 31

What is annoying me is the sheer number of City fans who are rounding on Yaya. Maybe I'm being naïve, but fans should defend a player and give him the benefit of the doubt until we really know what he thinks

The whole Carlos Tevez saga made me think twice about giving them the benefit of doubt. I love the club more than any individual player.

The interviews are from Dimitri Seluk NOT Yaya.

Have you ever heard Yaya talk like that?

City have not commented, but they have told journalists that the agent does not have the influence he claims

Who is disrespecting who here?

Matt the Giant said:
de niro said:
I'm not sure what is going on. What the truth is I really can't fathom, but I will say this, this is Manchester city, no player, and I mean no player holds a gun to our head. We can replace anyone whatsoever so any player thinking he's billy big bollocks had better think again. With 3 years on his contract we can do what the fuck we like. The one thing we Dont do is pay him more money. Give the lad a few months is the Carling cup squad and show him what a great negotiator his agent is. Us we'll just pop over and play our CL games like.

He should be fined for negative PR which has damaged the club.

He should be taken to a room which has 50 cakes in it and force fed every single one. "you like cake huh? Heres your fucking cake"

tolmie's hairdoo said:
People are focusing their ire at the wrong person.

The agent might be a dick and not be able to speak coherent English.

All the same, there is a reason Yaya has retained his services for such a long time.

Seluk is able to get him £200k plus a week.

That suggests he is very good at his primary job, to keep Yaya rich and happy.

Mino Raiola did exactly the same with Mario, although he is on a different planet in the dark arts to anyone else I have ever come across.

I believe them, it's not about more money.

It's about wanting a change of scene, same reason as Tevez and Mario.

Yaya has crossed a major line and like all good agents, he has one willing to take all the shit on his behalf.

I am certain City have/will call his bluff on this one and demand a public declaration in the next few days.

This World Cup timeline is an insult to everyone's intelligence.

If he wanted to go then there was a way to do it, this was not that way

Makes me wonder how much of what his agent has said has Toure seen or heard when backing him up. And how much of what we have seen on the internet is actually what has been said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.