Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

tolmie's hairdoo said:
It's about wanting a change of scene, same reason as Tevez and Mario.

Yaya has crossed a major line and like all good agents, he has one willing to take all the shit on his behalf.

I am certain City have/will call his bluff on this one and demand a public declaration in the next few days.

This World Cup timeline is an insult to everyone's intelligence.
Totally agree, and I'm sure they already have demanded it.

As for any "punishment", I think disrespecting the owner goes further than a fine for bad PR, especially if no apology (climb down) is forthcoming.

de niro said:
I'm not sure what is going on. What the truth is I really can't fathom, but I will say this, this is Manchester city, no player, and I mean no player holds a gun to our head. We can replace anyone whatsoever so any player thinking he's billy big bollocks had better think again. With 3 years on his contract we can do what the fuck we like. The one thing we Dont do is pay him more money. Give the lad a few months is the Carling cup squad and show him what a great negotiator his agent is. Us we'll just pop over and play our CL games like.

Can't do that mate, sadly.

It was proved with the Tevez issue that it does not make financial sense to stick a depreciating asset in the reserves.

The difference this time, we are not mid-season.

Which tells you all you need to know about the timing from Toure's camp.

There is always a way back, but I think Yaya has overreached on this one.

It may well have focused the club's minds on a life without Toure.

Ray78 said:
Marvin said:
Stockport mackem said:
Must admit, the way he finished the season, I didn't see this coming.
As stated in other posts, there is clearly more to this than the thickness of the marzipan on his birthday cake.
So has the agent had an approach?
Well normally an approach in the summer would be quickly sacked off, but this is World Cup year.
If Yaya/his agent have had a tip off, they now have him in the shop window during the World Cup. Despite the agents claims it's not about money, if Yaya has a strong World Cup, his stock rises further.
Hopefully it blows over and he stays, maybe it's just a slow news day.
The whole world seems to think that this is Yaya Toure speaking, but it's his agent. And he has done this before.

This is what Simon Mullock a well connected journalist had to say about it earlier

High-level source at Man City has told me Yaya Toure is "unsellable." Said agent lost any influence he had at club when Yaya signed new deal

I can't believe that City have shown any disrespect to the player. More likely the agent is trying to wangle himself a cut of a new contract or a move, If the player is unhappy, the only thing I can think of is the awards where he was not recognised, but that's not City's fault.

City are Champions, and in the Champions League. No bigger club will be interested as he's 31

What is annoying me is the sheer number of City fans who are rounding on Yaya. Maybe I'm being naïve, but fans should defend a player and give him the benefit of the doubt until we really know what he thinks

The whole Carlos Tevez saga made me think twice about giving them the benefit of doubt. I love the club more than any individual player.
Or manager in that case

dcj said:
Makes me wonder how much of what his agent has said has Toure seen or heard when backing him up. And how much of what we have seen on the internet is actually what has been said.

If they planned this outburst from his agent, I bet they didnt expect it to become such a "hit" in the media. Most of all it made them or more importantly made Yaya look like a total joke.
Every football fan taking the piss on his cake, lack of cake, sadness because of the birthday wishes etc.

He said the other day he is not credited enough because he is from Africa.

Now this little story today hardly made him more respected.

Marvin said:
Stockport mackem said:
Must admit, the way he finished the season, I didn't see this coming.
As stated in other posts, there is clearly more to this than the thickness of the marzipan on his birthday cake.
So has the agent had an approach?
Well normally an approach in the summer would be quickly sacked off, but this is World Cup year.
If Yaya/his agent have had a tip off, they now have him in the shop window during the World Cup. Despite the agents claims it's not about money, if Yaya has a strong World Cup, his stock rises further.
Hopefully it blows over and he stays, maybe it's just a slow news day.
The whole world seems to think that this is Yaya Toure speaking, but it's his agent. And he has done this before.

This is what Simon Mullock a well connected journalist had to say about it earlier

High-level source at Man City has told me Yaya Toure is "unsellable." Said agent lost any influence he had at club when Yaya signed new deal

I can't believe that City have shown any disrespect to the player. More likely the agent is trying to wangle himself a cut of a new contract or a move, If the player is unhappy, the only thing I can think of is the awards where he was not recognised, but that's not City's fault.

City are Champions, and in the Champions League. No bigger club will be interested as he's 31

What is annoying me is the sheer number of City fans who are rounding on Yaya. Maybe I'm being naïve, but fans should defend a player and give him the benefit of the doubt until we really know what he thinks

He said "he speaks for me"

So your post is pretty useless when you take this into consideration

Listening to his agents interview on ssn, you've got to wonder what hold he has over YaYa because he just doesn't sound like grade A agent material, now I know he wasn't speaking in his native language and somethings may have been lost in translation but fuck me at what point did he think " do you know what I'll use birthday cake and shake of the hand as a reason for my clients unhappiness". These people just don't live in the real world and have know idea what normal people think because from what I've read, not just on bluemoon but other clubs forums is that we(MCFC) are not coming out of this too badly, but YaYa and his agent are being savagely ridiculed.

Marvin said:
Ray78 said:
Marvin said:

The whole Carlos Tevez saga made me think twice about giving them the benefit of doubt. I love the club more than any individual player.
Or manager in that case

Exactly.

cleavers said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
It's about wanting a change of scene, same reason as Tevez and Mario.

Yaya has crossed a major line and like all good agents, he has one willing to take all the shit on his behalf.

I am certain City have/will call his bluff on this one and demand a public declaration in the next few days.

This World Cup timeline is an insult to everyone's intelligence.
Totally agree, and I'm sure they already have demanded it.

As for any "punishment", I think disrespecting the owner goes further than a fine for bad PR, especially if no apology (climb down) is forthcoming.

I agree... you don't f*ck with these people coz u just won't win ! Expect some concrete news in next day or two.

Re: Yaya. The Ultimate Monster

bluester17 said:
At risk of being called a posh scumbag, I’ll attempt to summarise, in good grammar, the facts and speculation (having read every post up to page 160) from the Yaya Toure debacle. I’ll also be providing my two cents, and I welcome comments and criticism, but I’d appreciate if they’re kept clean. As you’ll notice from my post count, I’m also more of a reader than a poster but decided to type this for ease of those joining the thread late.

Four tweets were posted on Yaya’s official twitter account. Despite the difference in puncutation styles, their contents do not matter as we don’t know who posted which tweet. It could have been the player, his agent, or a social media representative, whether hired by the player or by MCFC.

In legal terms, as it’s an official account, the account holder is responsible for everything tweeted (e.g. if there was a racist/hate tweet, Yaya would be held criminally accountable) unless proof is obtained (e.g. through MAC and IP addresses) that someone else was responsible. Since this isn’t as serious, the question of Yaya having to come out and deny the tweets is a matter of personal choice. Of course we’d all want him to do so, but we don’t know as yet what his position is.

Additionally, there is debate over whether he actually knows this whole fiasco is going on. Some fans say it’s impossible in this day and age, but given he’s not in the UK and probably a few hours ahead in terms of time zones, he’s probably asleep when the whole thing began to grow out of proportion. How many footballers follow the news or are in touch with their agents 24/7?

Regardless of whether Yaya’s agent has gone rogue, we also don’t know the contractual agreements between the two parties. Some are speculating that the man isn’t a licensed agent, while others feel that he is paid to represent 100% of the player’s thoughts and feelings. On one hand, he has helped Yaya to pocket salaries with which I could live on for 100 generations; on the other, this man means so much that Yaya’s son was named after him.

Said agent has supposedly (how would we know if this farce turns out to be caused by an imposter and the media are left with their flies open) been on Sky Sports News and Talksport. His rant in poor English basically claims that Yaya has been unhappy due to what he perceived as the club’s lack of attention towards him, primarily little things like birthday greetings, congratulations, and handshakes. He used journalism’s version of parking the bus by not giving direct answers, denying all financial-related accusations, and constantly beating his own drum to get his point across. Personally, I wouldn’t take his words even with a pint of salt.

There is also debate over the role of MCFC’s Media/PR department in cases like this. Allow me to digress: When the Malaysian Airlines flight went missing, the authorities were slow in providing updates, but ensured that all information was accurate. They were accused of inefficiency, as well as of trying to spin tales and having something to hide. On the other hand, in the South Korean ship tragedy, the authorities wanted to publicise “facts” to the media ASAP, and ended up revising their passenger count at least 5 times. It goes without saying that they were heavily lambasted.

Journalism is a trade which employs various morals, as evident from the use of phrases such as “Daily Mail readers”. Therefore, if the club’s stance is to keep silent and wait for progress towards concrete facts (which IMO is the choice of highest integrity and credibility), then it isn’t right for us to criticise. Even though the club is in a position to find out the truth, they might still be as clueless as us – after all, it’s been less than a day. Besides, even when they uncover everything, for business reasons (e.g. transfer dealings), they may not want to make any announcements at all.

There was also debate over whether Yaya, as a Muslim, celebrates birthdays. Again, we don’t know how devout he is, and this is a personal matter over which we should not try to fabricate stories. My understanding is that the reason behind Islam discouraging birthday celebrations is due to values such as being frugal, rather than the act of celebrating itself.

Part 2 to come after reading pages 161-175…

I can hardly wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.