Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Matt Le Tiss on SSN just now, if he wants to be that precious stick him in the reserves and let him think about it, City will bring someone else in

I like Yaya, and think he's got a least another season or two right at the top of his game, but his stock will get no higher than the season just gone and he's now 31, it may be a case that City do want to cash in on him?

As rich as we are, with ffp in mind we have an asset that will only lose value over the next couple of seasons, think of utd with Rooney, they should of got shot of him after he peaked.

Barkley would have to sit on the bench next season if he came to us. He's not fit to lace Yaya's boots. Yaya can single handedly control the pace of an entire game with his passing, everything we do goes through him.

Barkley might be powerful, quick and a raw talent but so are lots of other English players who eventually amount to nothing because they can't pass a football. Teach Barkley how to compose himself and we might be alright, but he should be nothing more than a squad player until that day comes.

de niro said:
I think the time has come for the club to comment.
Why? I'd let the idiot agent keep making a fool of himself and wait until we can actually sit Yaya down if I was in charge, they're hardly strengthening their hand here are they?

Rammy Blue said:
I just don't see the big deal about it. Maybe it's me as I'm getting older however I don't give a fuck what happens. We've just won the league and we have the best owner in world football. If he decides he wants to go we'll get absolute top whack, circa £50mil, for an ageing player. We are going to spend net £50mil anyway, plus whatever we bring in from outgoings so if he goes we will replace him. Of course there are no players the same as Yaya but we'll get over it, we'd have to do so at some point anyway.

What will be, will be.

Spot on Bro, couldn't agree more.

No need to worry, what will be - will be! I absolutely love Yaya like, but if he wants to go, id say thank you so much for the memories and everything you did for us and will be forever grateful. Hope to see you back visiting someday :)

Simple as! No hard feelings at all, because like you said, we have the best owner in world football. Just after announcing investment into a Japanese team. From what I gathered from Khaladoons interview, there will be more investment in other parts of the world - possibly South America?

It's not like the old days when we were terrified to lose our big players - like SWP 10 years ago. We are in safe hands, and we will replace anyone. We are here to stay no matter what :D :D :D

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Barkley would have to sit on the bench next season if he came to us. He's not fit to lace Yaya's boots. Yaya can single handedly control the pace of an entire game with his passing, everything we do goes through him.

Barkley might be powerful, quick and a raw talent but so are lots of other English players who eventually amount to nothing because they can't pass a football. Teach Barkley how to compose himself and we might be alright, but he should be nothing more than a squad player until that day comes.

This type of thinking is going to hold our team back IMO. You need to be brave enough to give top young players the chance to play and develop in your team. It might well be that right now Yaya is head and shoulders a better player, but clearly there's question mark over Yaya's commitment to the cause.

Now if we're going to replace him, and we're talking about Barkley, Fabregas, Vidal, etc. I'd want Barkley even though Vidal and Fabregas are currently older more developed/experienced/mature. It's a risk but it's one which if it pays off guarantees you a world class player for a decade.

One of the key's with English players is that if you get them young, and you're a top club, they nearly always stay for most of their careers because there isn't the constant lure of Real/Barca/Bayern nor the itchy feet to go and play in a different country.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Summed up perfectly Billy, and I echo the sentiment about Barkley. I don't see a way back for Ya Ya really. He's single-handedly taken the gloss off our title win, he's besmirched his own reputation and he'll be a figure of fun for all opposition supporters next season if he does stay.

This whole incident is surely underpinned by one thing - whisperings from the Nou Camp. And as you say, with shades of Balotelli, he clearly thinks the only way to realise that move is to drive down his price by acting like a complete prat.

It's not taken the gloss off for me. It will either blow over or he'll go. If he goes, there will be plenty of life after Yaya.

BillyShears said:
Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:

This type of thinking is going to hold our team back IMO. You need to be brave enough to give top young players the chance to play and develop in your team. It might well be that right now Yaya is head and shoulders a better player, but clearly there's question mark over Yaya's commitment to the cause.

Now if we're going to replace him, and we're talking about Barkley, Fabregas, Vidal, etc. I'd want Barkley even though Vidal and Fabregas are currently older more developed/experienced/mature. It's a risk but it's one which if it pays off guarantees you a world class player for a decade.

One of the key's with English players is that if you get them young, and you're a top club, they nearly always stay for most of their careers because there isn't the constant lure of Real/Barca/Bayern nor the itchy feet to go and play in a different country.

The main thing that has impressed me with Barkley this season is just how often he DOES play the correct pass, for one of his age his game awareness and patience are excellent. It's exactly this that makes him such a bright talent. I'd be delighted if we got him.

sir baconface said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Summed up perfectly Billy, and I echo the sentiment about Barkley. I don't see a way back for Ya Ya really. He's single-handedly taken the gloss off our title win, he's besmirched his own reputation and he'll be a figure of fun for all opposition supporters next season if he does stay.

This whole incident is surely underpinned by one thing - whisperings from the Nou Camp. And as you say, with shades of Balotelli, he clearly thinks the only way to realise that move is to drive down his price by acting like a complete prat.

It's not taken the gloss off for me. It will either blow over or he'll go. If he goes, there will be plenty of life after Yaya.

Agreed, Yaya was our best player last season, but if Aguero was fit all season he would of been massively overshadowed, similar to how Spanish Dave has been. If we sell Yaya it will be for no less than 30 million and that will be invested in another top Centre mid that will partner Fernandinho in his second season in English football. No gloss should be taken off even if Yaya leaves, our whole team is in great shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.