Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Rammy Blue said:
BillyShears said:
Ross Barkley. I'm hoping if I just post his name in every post about Yaya somehow miraculously Txiki and co will hear my calls and move heaven and earth to get the lad in this summer.

I know it's wishful thinking but imagine if we could get Barkley and Fabregas, add them to hopefully getting Fernando, and we'd have a hell of a midfield that would have everything we need.

Fernandinho, Fernando, Fabregas and Barkley.

I've been saying this as well, mainly in the transfer forum. We would NOT be a weaker side next season compared to this one with those additions.

Gaylord du Bois said:
neel said:
Can this be considered as most bizzare reason to leave a club in football history
This'll all be down to his agent telling him to take a stand.

cakes-cake-stand-6187490.jpg

Matt the Giant said:
Rammy Blue said:
BillyShears said:
Ross Barkley. I'm hoping if I just post his name in every post about Yaya somehow miraculously Txiki and co will hear my calls and move heaven and earth to get the lad in this summer.

I know it's wishful thinking but imagine if we could get Barkley and Fabregas, add them to hopefully getting Fernando, and we'd have a hell of a midfield that would have everything we need.

I've been saying this as well, mainly in the transfer forum. We would NOT be a weaker side next season compared to this one with those additions.

We're not getting Barkley though are we. Can you imagine how much we'd have to pay for him? I just can't see them ever asking for a price sensible enough for us to consider it.

citymacc said:
Rammy Blue said:
I just don't see the big deal about it. Maybe it's me as I'm getting older however I don't give a fuck what happens. We've just won the league and we have the best owner in world football. If he decides he wants to go we'll get absolute top whack, circa £50mil, for an ageing player. We are going to spend net £50mil anyway, plus whatever we bring in from outgoings so if he goes we will replace him. Of course there are no players the same as Yaya but we'll get over it, we'd have to do so at some point anyway.

What will be, will be.

Great post.

+1. Surprised it's Yaya that's rocking the boat right now as he's been the model pro since arriving. However difficult he may be to replace he is just a cog in the machine - like it or not...

BillyShears said:
de niro said:
I've just posted this in another thread. its the way things are.

he needs some guts, some honesty. contact the club and say its all bolllocks or its true I want to leave or even I want more dosh, whatever it is the club need to know. this has to come from him, not his (seems a twat) agent, not twitter or heresay, him. of course he may not like the answer, this is a very different Manchester city that had to bow to financial pressure to let swp go to Chelsea. I remember losing many players over the years, trevor francis, paul stewart etc and thinking we are finished. needless to say we survived even though we were shit. yaya, along with any other player in our squad is replaceable and one day we win have to consider life without aguero,vinny and even silva but just like yaya any exit these days will be entirely on OUR terms.

It's tragic that a grown man can have such a fucking idiotic and amateurish way of dealing with the situation. It's even more tragic that he's got no problem in dragging the club/owners through the mud just to get a few more millions or to get himself a move. The entire point of having a director of football is so that situations like this don't arise. What Yaya and his clown of an agent should've done is like you say just told Txiki "we want more money or we want you to let us go". There's a compelling argument he could make that he's won everything in England and he's 31 and he wants one last move. I think if he'd done this right we could all have lived with it and wished him well.

My personal opinion is that part of the problem will be City's valuation of him and that's why these games are being played. These fuckers know nobody is going to pay what City want and are trying to drag the transfer fee down. Tevez tried it and it got him nowhere. It'll get Yaya and his Russian woman nowhere either. Like you say Bill, any exit will be on our terms and our terms alone.

Summed up perfectly Billy, and I echo the sentiment about Barkley. I don't see a way back for Ya Ya really. He's single-handedly taken the gloss off our title win, he's besmirched his own reputation and he'll be a figure of fun for all opposition supporters next season if he does stay.
This whole incident is surely underpinned by one thing - whisperings from the Nou Camp. And as you say, with shades of Balotelli, he clearly thinks the only way to realise that move is to drive down his price by acting like a complete prat.

Chippy_boy said:
Matt the Giant said:
Rammy Blue said:

We're not getting Barkley though are we. Can you imagine how much we'd have to pay for him? I just can't see them ever asking for a price sensible enough for us to consider it.

You are probably right. But it has been mentioned that Txiki is a great admirer of Barkley, and we desperately need to do something about our HG quota. So... there should at least be serious interest from our side, with Rodwell going the other way as well.

Chippy_boy said:
Matt the Giant said:
Rammy Blue said:

I agree, Kenwright is not going to let him go unless it's for an extortionate fee. I mean, ffs, how much did he cream off us for Lescott?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.