Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Lavinda Past said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
neel said:
Can this be considered as most bizzare reason to leave a club in football history
This'll all be down to his agent telling him to take a stand.

If so, I suspect he'll be wanting the Colin Bell stand.

Not a whole Colin Bell cake stand surely ?

How about we just give him the top tier ?

Stick a plastic YaYa on the top with some candles

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if a swap deal has already been spoken of behind the scenes and as a club we may actually want him gone.

As unedifying as yesterday was it's all part and parcel of modern day football politics and no fucker will give a shit come the start of the season.

Chippy_boy said:
Matt the Giant said:
Rammy Blue said:
I know it's wishful thinking but imagine if we could get Barkley and Fabregas, add them to hopefully getting Fernando, and we'd have a hell of a midfield that would have everything we need.

Fernandinho, Fernando, Fabregas and Barkley.

I've been saying this as well, mainly in the transfer forum. We would NOT be a weaker side next season compared to this one with those additions.

We're not getting Barkley though are we. Can you imagine how much we'd have to pay for him? I just can't see them ever asking for a price sensible enough for us to consider it.

Situations like this are often exaggerated. The key is going to be the will of the player. Lets say Txiki and Manuel speak to Barkley and tell him "listen kid, we want you to replace Yaya, we're going to build a midfield around you over the next 5 years" and manage to turn his head, then a deal will be done because Everton will know Barkley wants the move.

In terms of us not being able to afford him this window, I disagree. If there's a will from the players' side to join us, then a deal will be struck. If Everton can take 30/35 million pounds off us plus a player or two it'll still be phenomenal business for them. The reality is that they can afford to lose Barkley. He had a breakout season but he wasn't integral to their team and more importantly losing Lukaku who was integral to that team leaves them with a big hole. To fill it they need cash and 35 million pounds would allow them to buy Lukaku PLUS another player.

Martinez is a sensible manager. As much as he'd love to work with Barkley for years to come even he'll know that the key is the will of the player. As long as he wants to stay at Everton they have no problem. But the moment someone turns his head he'll be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.