Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

SiWatts90 said:
If it does turn out to be Barca that have been in his or his agents ear there could be a shitstorm ahead as Tkixi and Soriano only just recently settled the issues with Barca and vice versa, dangerous game to play imo.

WahWah has always said he wants to finish at Barca and if you look at this agent's history, he always pipes up when there's a management change there. This stinks of the player's instructions -this appears to be this agent's only job in life, although looking at the pictures he may also be a failed Eurovision entrant as well.

Unfortunately this time he has made a huge balls up leaving Yaya stuck in the middle until he knows Barcas intent.

BillyShears said:
bobmcfc said:
Has anything more been said by Yaya ?

Yes, Yaya's spoken to BeinSport and said he doesn't know if he'll be at City next season and that he trusts his agent and his agent knows what he has to do.

Thanks Billy and I agree with what you say regarding players to come in should Yaya decide he's leaving. It won't be easy but I'm liking the prospect of Barkley, maybe fabregas if we could pull it off. I'm just not a fan of these drama queens and their uppity agents anymore

unsworthblue said:
blueinsa said:
unsworthblue said:
We wouldn't be able to replace Yaya with anyone,there is no other player like him or anywhere near good enough to replace him,I for one would be devastated if we lose him

There is no player like him but he is 31, he could break a leg or he could just have a shit season because he is demotivated.

His stock is high and there is no better time to do a deal that would ultimately suit both us and him.

Players come and go, that's football.
Yeah I know mate but he is the best player I have ever seen play for us,my hero,I'd rather my Mrs leave me than see Yaya leave City
if it comes to my mrs leaving me or Richard wright leaving......................

yes honey ill be there in a second

BillyShears said:
bobmcfc said:

Yes, Yaya's spoken to BeinSport and said he doesn't know if he'll be at City next season and that he trusts his agent and his agent knows what he has to do.

Pretty sure that's a rehashed interview from last week, no?

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Barkley would have to sit on the bench next season if he came to us. He's not fit to lace Yaya's boots. Yaya can single handedly control the pace of an entire game with his passing, everything we do goes through him.

Barkley might be powerful, quick and a raw talent but so are lots of other English players who eventually amount to nothing because they can't pass a football. Teach Barkley how to compose himself and we might be alright, but he should be nothing more than a squad player until that day comes.

Bang on the money. Barkley is still a kid and yaya is a world class midfielder. We need to replace yaya if he goes with another world class midfielder.

BillyShears said:
bobmcfc said:

No point in dragging this out then. It would be a monumental loss, but despite FFP we still can deal with this.

The annoying thing is that if clubs know he wants to leave, they will come in with lower offers- we can't accept these.

I hate making up scenarios and rumours without a sniff of truth in them, BUT, I would love to see Barkley and Pogba come in if we were to sell him. Would be fantastic business in terms of future planning and homegrown quota- I think Pogba is association homegrown?

What is worrying is that we want our deals to be done quickly- if clubs know we need a midfield replacement, it could really drag out.

We have to publicly say now that if the right offer comes in then he can leave the club, i just cant see a way back for him now.Lets be realistic and get round the fact he seems to want out, he should have by now quashed the rumours and stated his intentions.

At 31 he's got one more season playing the way he has.

Its damage limitation now as far as the club are concerned, let him go and lets go for Fabregas and Barkley.

bobmcfc said:
I'm just not a fan of these drama queens and their uppity agents anymore

Neither am I ... i've got zero time for any player who doesn't want to be part of the project no matter how good they are. I felt the same about Tevez when he wanted to leave and I feel the same now about Yaya. Love them as footballers, as men though they are thick spoiled ungrateful cunts.

Barkely's going to be a don of a footballer IMO. I've just read Martinez's comments about him.

He will return as the same person I can guarantee you that. He's not someone who will lose sight of realism when he comes back."

Martinez insists that he will continue to 'protect' Barkley, adding: "Ross is a phenomenal talent, probably the best English talent I have ever seen, but he is not the finished article yet and you need to be very careful.

It's our duty to protect him and I know Everton is the perfect place for him for the next 12 months.

In football obviously you can never speak about the future, and obviously we must try to get into the top four positions to offer players like Ross the next stage of their development.

But Ross is delighted at Everton and feels very much in the right place at the right time of his career.

I suppose you could read those comments however you want but they seem to me to be saying "we want him to stay for another season because we want to challenge for a top 4 place". Sadly for Martinez I think he's got more chance of competing for that top 4 place by cashing in on Barkley and using the money to buy a centre forward like Lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.