Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Sheik mansoor with all his busy calendar wouldnt have got so much shit for missing his gf bday as he got with toure
#Daddy issues

Is there really anyone who'd pay toure more than he's on here? Get the feeling he might find himself wanting to stay for this reason, but I'd rather rid of him if he isnt going to be up for it next season. Disinterested players will be a hindrance, regardless of how good they are

aguero93:20 said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
In the first game, Neymar was coming back from an injury, Sanchez was out of favour for Pedro. In the second game, Barca played a 4-4-2 with Neymar and Messi up front and Fabregas beefing up the midfield to stop Yaya running at them like he had in the first. Martino said himself in the press conferences he needed to change the shape in midfield for the second leg.
So you think that a player who can't hold down a position is a crucial first team player do you?

Great, now why did Fabregas start all 3 Clasico's then? :)
Answer the question, Do you think that a player who can't hold down a position is a crucial first team player?
Also, Do you think a player that's been made available for a transfer is a crucial first team player?

Same situation with Yaya really, didn't realise the player they had and were utilising badly at the time. We will be getting an outstanding player if we can pull it off

No I haven't, Barca's first choice front 6 is Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Sanchez/Pedro, Messi, Neymar. Nothing I've said has contradicted that. Fabregas is their James Milner, he's brought in to cover positions in that front 6 when somebody is missing or to help effect a tactical change but he can't nail down his own first team position, that's the very definition of a squad player. The only reason he's made so many appearnaces this season is because, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and Neymar have all missed large chunks of the season with injuries.

So many things are wrong with this it's hard to know where to begin. Neymar/Sanchez were on the bench when Fabregas started both games against City and then again in the quarters when he started both games against Atleti. Trying to put Fabregas down as a squad player is just bizarre, even if he isn't used in his favourite position every game.
In the first game, Neymar was coming back from an injury, Sanchez was out of favour for Pedro. In the second game, Barca played a 4-4-2 with Neymar and Messi up front and Fabregas beefing up the midfield to stop Yaya running at them like he had in the first. Martino said himself in the press conferences he needed to change the shape in midfield for the second leg.
So you think that a player who can't hold down a position is a crucial first team player do you?

I don't think this is what he is saying at all. I will make a reference to the FIFA video games to get my point across, if Yaya is a crucial player, Fabregas is an important player, squad player is a step below and not a fitting description a player making the appearances he made last season. I think you are being optimistic at best and deluded and worst if you think we will be able to set out the terms to Barcelona in the manner you have suggested.

Answer the question, Do you think that a player who can't hold down a position is a crucial first team player?
Also, Do you think a player that's been made available for a transfer is a crucial first team player?

So just for everyone's clarification, you aguero 93:20 do not believe that Fabregas is a crucial first team player?

This is the Fabregas that has started 52 games and came on as a sub in 13, scored 15 goals and had 17 assists. Started every single knock out game in the Champions League, started all 3 Clasico's, started all 4 games against Spanish champions Atletico. That's a "squad player" who "can't hold down a position". Right then, I'm off.

The irony of this is that toure was in pretty much exactly the same boat as fabregas is now when we signed him from barca.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
So many things are wrong with this it's hard to know where to begin. Neymar/Sanchez were on the bench when Fabregas started both games against City and then again in the quarters when he started both games against Atleti. Trying to put Fabregas down as a squad player is just bizarre, even if he isn't used in his favourite position every game.

I don't think this is what he is saying at all. I will make a reference to the FIFA video games to get my point across, if Yaya is a crucial player, Fabregas is an important player, squad player is a step below and not a fitting description a player making the appearances he made last season. I think you are being optimistic at best and deluded and worst if you think we will be able to set out the terms to Barcelona in the manner you have suggested.
We have already said, since this shit on Monday night and yesterday from this loon Seluk, that Yaya is 'unsellable'. Barca, on the other hand, have invited bids for Fabregas. We have the last 3 years of Yaya's top level career under contract. We hold all the cards. If Barca want him, they pay. Simple as.

So just for everyone's clarification, you aguero 93:20 do not believe that Fabregas is a crucial first team player?

This is the Fabregas that has started 52 games and came on as a sub in 13, scored 15 goals and had 17 assists. Started every single knock out game in the Champions League, started all 3 Clasico's, started all 4 games against Spanish champions Atletico. That's a "squad player" who "can't hold down a position". Right then, I'm off.
So you won't answer the question then, that's enough for me, go back to the Dzeko thread and annoy someone there then.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:

He's a fantastic player mate and I would have no problem seeing him here, but he's still to Barcelona what James Milner is to us, a fantastic player to have round but not someone that we would miss too badly if he went. The point remains that Barca will have to approach us if they want Yaya, not the other way round. So we call the shots on the deal, this shit with his agent has nothing to do with that.

A lot of the comments on here should be moved into the transfer forum. This is the thread to praise / crucify Yaya in traditional BM style; not to select his replacement.

It's all speculation at the moment.

I suspect that when the World Cup finishes Yaya will be invited to visit the sheikh, who will send a brand new Bugatti to the airport to meet him. The driver (Khaldoon) will get out and approach Yaya, but will 'trip' and accidentally smash Yaya in the face with a belated birthday cake.

Either that or Mrs Yaya will give him a piece of her mind when he gets home.

759767.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.