Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Puppet Master Silva said:
aguero93:20 said:
It's what I've been saying if either of you actually read what I posted. He's for sale. By putting him up for sale, Barca themselves lower his value. City have already said that Yaya is not for sale. So if Barca want to make an approach for Yaya, it'd want to be a bit more substantial than offering a straight swap for a player that they have deemed surplus to requirements. Understand? It's like me trying to buy your house, if you have it for sale, I might be able to get you to accept an offer of £100,000. If you dont' have it for sale, it could cost me closer to £150,000, it's simple economics, supply and demand set the selling price.

I'm not referring to how good Fabregas is or isn't, but that Barcelona don't use him as 1st choice in their team
Don't be childish, I've already shown you their first choice when nobodies injured. Do you now how many times he's played left wing or false 9 this season? Would you describe that as nailing down his first position in the team? Xavi is first choice at Barca in Fabregas' position and they're already grooming Sergi Roberto to be his replacement, not Fabregas, that is why they want rid.
Anyway don't try and sidestep my point. Fabregas is available for transfer, Yaya isn't. Barca are the bidding club not us, so we set the price and we should be looking for more than a straight swap before we let go of the most influential player in our team who we have under contract for the remainder of his career.

sir baconface said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
I thought barca are skint and after buying a new stadium? So how do they afford 30 mil plus and 250k a week plus what they are paying neymar messi xavi iniesta?

By swapping for Fabregas? Then potentially no fee and just a shortish term increase on wage bill.

But fabregas is going to the rags isn't he?

uwe rosler 28 said:
sir baconface said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
I thought barca are skint and after buying a new stadium? So how do they afford 30 mil plus and 250k a week plus what they are paying neymar messi xavi iniesta?

By swapping for Fabregas? Then potentially no fee and just a shortish term increase on wage bill.

But fabregas is going to the rags isn't he?

Doh. Slapped wrist.

It's what I've been saying if either of you actually read what I posted. He's for sale. By putting him up for sale, Barca themselves lower his value. City have already said that Yaya is not for sale. So if Barca want to make an approach for Yaya, it'd want to be a bit more substantial than offering a straight swap for a player that they have deemed surplus to requirements. Understand? It's like me trying to buy your house, if you have it for sale, I might be able to get you to accept an offer of £100,000. If you dont' have it for sale, it could cost me closer to £150,000, it's simple economics, supply and demand set the selling price.

I'm not referring to how good Fabregas is or isn't, but that Barcelona don't use him as 1st choice in their team
Don't be childish, I've already shown you their first choice when nobodies injured. Do you now how many times he's played left wing or false 9 this season? Would you describe that as nailing down his first position in the team? Xavi is first choice at Barca in Fabregas' position and they're already grooming Sergi Roberto to be his replacement, not Fabregas, that is why they want rid.
Anyway don't try and sidestep my point. Fabregas is available for transfer, Yaya isn't. Barca are the bidding club not us, so we set the price and we should be looking for more than a straight swap before we let go of the most influential player in our team who we have under contract for the remainder of his career.

No sidestepping, just I find it fairly obvious why we can't demand money and Fabregas for Yaya. As others have already stated. I was just showing you your comments which you then contradicted 5 minutes later.

We might publicly profess that, but I doubt that will be the reality of the situation. Both sides will want this to work for them, and a straight swap will do exactly that.

Drag his agent in and lay our offer on the table. Barca can have him plus all the cash in the world that we are allowed to spend for Fab,Messi and a years supply of birthday cards. We will have movement on the cards if it helps clinch the deal. Now f..k off.

All this talk of Fabregas coming, Yaya going in a kind of swap deal.. have there been any soundbites to this or is it all speculation?

blueinsa said:
The more I think about this the more I think Yaya and his camp have got wind of us thinking he is not the future and we possibly are looking at cashing in.

Are we seeing a backlash from a jilted other half?
Maybe
I think billy made a good point many pages ago too abt Kolo leaving,he thought the club never treated him well regarding the diet pills saga & this could also be a part of him wanting out
I still think he's also after renegotiating his contract for more money....

No sidestepping, just I find it fairly obvious why we can't demand money and Fabregas for Yaya. As others have already stated, I was just showing you your comments which you then contradicted 5 minutes later.
No I haven't, Barca's first choice front 6 is Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Sanchez/Pedro, Messi, Neymar. Nothing I've said has contradicted that. Fabregas is their James Milner, he's brought in to cover positions in that front 6 when somebody is missing or to help effect a tactical change but he can't nail down his own first team position, that's the very definition of a squad player. The only reason he's made so many appearnaces this season is because, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and Neymar have all missed large chunks of the season with injuries.

BlueTG said:
All this talk of Fabregas coming, Yaya going in a kind of swap deal.. have there been any soundbites to this or is it all speculation?

Speculation, but if Barca go in for him it would appear to be move that would keep both sides happy. Fabregas may not want to play in the Prem for any other team than Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.