Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

dancity19 said:
spanishblue said:
Super David Silva 21 said:
No-one is irreplaceable.

Easy to say harder to do

There are several players who are pretty much irreplaceable.

Try telling Spurs that about Bale, United regarding Ronaldo.

You have to buy several quality players and change the system.

Yaya won us games- and almost always turned up in big games. A criticism labelled at him was he didn't do it in the small games. I saw someone on here call him a flat track bully yesterday, and bottle the big games??? Crazy.

I would be delighted with Pogba and Barkley (a scenario that has been made up on here) , but to say no player is irreplaceable is a stretch.

There is no player in the world at the moment that does what Yaya does.

Spanish blue surely guy are referring to Silva ! Now he is almost irreplaceable. As for this YaYa always turns up on the big occasions surely you mean he turns up on some big occasions. He was pretty anonymous in the champs league and league games v Chelsea home and away Liverpool home and away United at home and Arsenal home and away so that is simply not true great player though he is. If he wants to go and behave like a prick then bye bye .

I'm genuinely not arsed what happens anymore

Stays - great we keep a fantastic footballer

Goes - we get rid of someone that is becoming a bit of a problem child, gives us the funds to go and look at Barkley, Pogba, Fabregas etc

After reading a few hundred pages on here i for one no longer care what happens, feels a lot like the FFP situation

aguero93:20 said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
Don't be childish, I've already shown you their first choice when nobodies injured. Do you now how many times he's played left wing or false 9 this season? Would you describe that as nailing down his first position in the team? Xavi is first choice at Barca in Fabregas' position and they're already grooming Sergi Roberto to be his replacement, not Fabregas, that is why they want rid.
Anyway don't try and sidestep my point. Fabregas is available for transfer, Yaya isn't. Barca are the bidding club not us, so we set the price and we should be looking for more than a straight swap before we let go of the most influential player in our team who we have under contract for the remainder of his career.

No sidestepping, just I find it fairly obvious why we can't demand money and Fabregas for Yaya. As others have already stated, I was just showing you your comments which you then contradicted 5 minutes later.
No I haven't, Barca's first choice front 6 is Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Sanchez/Pedro, Messi, Neymar. Nothing I've said has contradicted that. Fabregas is their James Milner, he's brought in to cover positions in that front 6 when somebody is missing or to help effect a tactical change but he can't nail down his own first team position, that's the very definition of a squad player. The only reason he's made so many appearnaces this season is because, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and Neymar have all missed large chunks of the season with injuries.

So many things are wrong with this it's hard to know where to begin. Neymar/Sanchez were on the bench when Fabregas started both games against City and then again in the quarters when he started both games against Atleti. Trying to put Fabregas down as a squad player is just bizarre, even if he isn't used in his favourite position every game.

bgblue said:
a3upupa9.jpg
fair play made me spit my coffee out,well funny

No sidestepping, just I find it fairly obvious why we can't demand money and Fabregas for Yaya. As others have already stated, I was just showing you your comments which you then contradicted 5 minutes later.
No I haven't, Barca's first choice front 6 is Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Sanchez/Pedro, Messi, Neymar. Nothing I've said has contradicted that. Fabregas is their James Milner, he's brought in to cover positions in that front 6 when somebody is missing or to help effect a tactical change but he can't nail down his own first team position, that's the very definition of a squad player. The only reason he's made so many appearnaces this season is because, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and Neymar have all missed large chunks of the season with injuries.

So many things are wrong with this it's hard to know where to begin. Neymar/Sanchez were on the bench when Fabregas started both games against City and then again in the quarters when he started both games against Atleti. Trying to put Fabregas down as a squad player is just bizarre, even if he isn't used in his favourite position every game.
In the first game, Neymar was coming back from an injury, Sanchez was out of favour for Pedro. In the second game, Barca played a 4-4-2 with Neymar and Messi up front and Fabregas beefing up the midfield to stop Yaya running at them like he had in the first. Martino said himself in the press conferences he needed to change the shape in midfield for the second leg.
So you think that a player who can't hold down a position is a crucial first team player do you?

In the first game, Neymar was coming back from an injury, Sanchez was out of favour for Pedro. In the second game, Barca played a 4-4-2 with Neymar and Messi up front and Fabregas beefing up the midfield to stop Yaya running at them like he had in the first. Martino said himself in the press conferences he needed to change the shape in midfield for the second leg.
So you think that a player who can't hold down a position is a crucial first team player do you?

Great, now why did Fabregas start all 3 Clasico's then? :)

Also, Fabregas' favourite position is a position that isn't actually in the Barcelona formation haha.

Great, now why did Fabregas start all 3 Clasico's then? :)
Answer the question, Do you think that a player who can't hold down a position is a crucial first team player?
Also, Do you think a player that's been made available for a transfer is a crucial first team player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.