Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Hoped this thread woulda chilled by now.

People saying city should comment on it? Be serious, i'd be concerened if we started making public comments as a club regarding an agent saying a player is upset as he didnt get a cake!

He's not gonna go unless we want him to... and i'd bet my next birthday cake we dont.

People slating him, calling him all sorts, bet they're the same ones saying hes lazy and slow and what not. We dont even know what he has said, if anything. And people saying he'll be awake etc to tweet back, he probably doesnt give two hoots about his twitter account to reassure the insecure bluemooners and will be preparing for a world cup

Personally found it very amusing and will love him even more next year when this all passes as nonsense

GaudinoMotors said:
LoveCity said:
SJT said:
300k a week isn't enough?
City fans signing one of the best footy songs EVER sung for a player?
winning the Prem?

All this not good enough for you? you're not loved? bollocks!

- you honestly make me feel sick

it says on Twitter - everything his agent said is true - 'he speaks for me!'

ta ra yer shitter

He doesn't earn close to £300,000/week and maybe that's part of the problem, seeing the inconsistent Shrek become the best paid player in British football history while he earns less.

You'd think he'd realise that Shrek is overpaid and he's on a very very good number with us. He could look at it the other way and think how fortunate he is to be on more than the best player at the club - David Silva!

Ross Barkley's still on 15k a week at Everton. That contract has two years to run now and he's just gone off to the world cup where he could well make a name for himself.

Probably the wrong thread so I should put this in the transfer forum but fuck me ... if i was an Everton fan I'd be shitting myself. Barkley isn't represented by his dad or by some British agent with loyalty to Everton. He's represented by one of the biggest agencies in the world who will be looking to maximise his earning potential.

blue city199 said:
Yaya Toure wants to retire at Barcelona and admits he could leave Manchester City after bizarre birthday farce

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-City-THIS-SUMMER-bizarre-birthday-farce.html

Yaya Toure's birthday farce could open the door for PSG, but Manchester City will refuse to sell to Premier League rivals United and Chelsea

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rthday-cake-snub-blocked-Manchester-City.html

- Manchester City will block any attempt by Yaya Toure to force a transfer following bizarre claims that the new Premier League champions failed to celebrate his 31st birthday properly.

-It emerged on Tuesday that Toure was, in fact, presented with two birthday cakes, on the flight to Abu Dhabi and at the team hotel, and a message on the club’s official Facebook page wishing him a happy birthday received 250,000 ‘likes’ — the most of any post ever on the website

- ! Yay Toure was also backed to the hilt after suffereing racist abuse against CSKA Moscow

- Ivory Coast midfielder is also said to be tempted by a return to Barcelona

And I'm tempted by a night with Megan Fox.

Seluk has been mad lately because he got boned over a transfer of Araz Ozbiliz from Kuban to Spartak. Kuban got only 2 mil euro as the initial payment while raking in another 6 mil in some kind of a bonus. Seluk was to receive a huge share if the payment exceeded 6 mil. he is now preparing a lawsuit against Kuban, but probably decided to quickly make up for his loss with the help of his biggest asset in Yaya. the man's arse is in flames.

On a serious note after all the trouble with Kolo and with them more likely having identical genes the last thing we should be giving the greedy f#cker is CAKE

Колобок said:
Seluk has been mad lately because he got boned over a transfer of Araz Ozbiliz from Kuban to Spartak. Kuban got only 2 mil euro as the initial payment while raking in another 6 mil in some kind of a bonus. Seluk was to receive a huge share if the payment exceeded 6 mil. he is now preparing a lawsuit against Kuban, but probably decided to quickly make up for his loss with the help of his biggest asset in Yaya. the man's arse is in flames.
Doesn't surprise me. I suspected yesterday that a hole in Seluk's finances could be the main motivator behind all of this.

SebastianBlue said:
MCFCinUSA said:
SebastianBlue said:
I have (it is quite literally my job to consider the long game so I have a tendency of doing it with everything). While it may seem a good tactic to sit back and allow Seluk to spout bizarre diatribes—and for a time it is—beyond a certain point it begins to have a detrimental effect on many aspects of operations, including current and future proposed transfer negotiations, economic development concerns, and media relations.

If it were Marcos Lopes' agent going about making these claims my analysis would be very different but this is a mainstay in our squad who is considered by many (including quite a few very public analysts) to be one of the best midfielders in the world, right or wrong. Influence is greater and potential for loss of control more likely. To think that we should not attempt to influence the narrative is a bit naive.

I don't understand what you're talking about.

The only people coming off badly here are Yaya & his agent.

City have done nothing wrong, and neither do they need to respond publicly on such a farcical matter.

We do have a situation regarding our squad and who will be in it next year, and all that surrounds this, but that's nothing to do with PR initiatives.

It's not a PR problem we have at all, rather the opposite (if you want to look for REAL PROBLEMS that actually need our attention, thought & action)

Hmm, I agree we have other concerns (having other issues is not an argument against action for a specific one) but I am not sure how someone could argue this is not a PR concern for the club. You are correct in that it does not seem we have done anything wrong but anyone that has any experience in the business world knows that does not mean PR issues do not arise that require management. In fact, PR firms make quite a lot of money managing crises arising entirely from perception—this would be an example.

Are you arguing perception is not important to the affective management of the operations I listed above?

I've read all your posts in the last dozen or so pages and cod psychology offerings, and think you are way off base with all of it.

City do not have a PR problem here, and as others have said, suggesting we do is laughable. This whole thing (on the public pronouncements made by Yaya & his agent) is a joke. Our PR strategy, which you keep on harping on about, is probably very much an 'action through inaction' approach, or wei-wu-wei if you're familiar with Eastern philosophical tenets.

Our problem is on the pitch, and relates to who will be in our squad (who's coming in and who's going out); so what anyone thinks about any of this outside our club (other than the players we're looking to recruit & those directly involved with such) - like the folks on the street and our supporters & others, is immaterial and irrelevant.

Yaya has the PR problem right now, not City.

Dubai Blue said:
SebastianBlue said:
Dubai Blue said:
The main reason businesses reach for the nearest PR agency at a time of 'crisis' is to protect their share price. Thankfully, that's not something City need to worry about and at this stage in proceedings I don't see much we can do. The media are overwhelmingly on our side at the moment (or at least enjoying taking the piss out of Yaya). There's no need to step in at all as things stand as City aren't being damaged as yet.

Share price is one reason, yes. But I've already outlined many others. Many private companies have robust PR teams or firms even though they have no such shareholder pressure. And as I have said several times now, they do not need to have an official statement or press conference. But ignoring it as if it is not happening is not an effective away of managing this (and usually leads to the perception of not knowing what to do, or worse, not really knowing what's going on).
The club isn't ignoring it though. In fact they're doing exactly what you suggest. I've seen numerous 'leaks' today that have clearly come directly from the club indicating that City won't be budged on the Yaya issue and that they aren't even concerned by Seluk's outburst as he has a history of pulling this stunt every year. There's nothing more to say on it, which is why they're leaving it at that.

Cheers for explaining that Dubai.

Dubai Blue said:
SebastianBlue said:
Dubai Blue said:
The club isn't ignoring it though. In fact they're doing exactly what you suggest. I've seen numerous 'leaks' today that have clearly come directly from the club indicating that City won't be budged on the Yaya issue and that they aren't even concerned by Seluk's outburst as he has a history of pulling this stunt every year. There's nothing more to say on it, which is why they're leaving it at that.

If they really are from our club than I am happy they are taking those steps. They also need to coordinate that with all of the communications teams so it does not seem one element is outside of the strategy. Which is one of my concern.s Do you have links to the 'leaks'. I've reviewed Sky, BBC, and BeIN and there have only been the usual commentary on Yaya and Seluks comments.
Here's one, there are numerous others being fed to the usual sources in the British press: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/yaya-toure-transfer-manchester-city-3577770" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ty-3577770</a>

A lot of videos, photos, tweets, facts, etc are also appearing in the papers that make a direct mockery of most of Seluk's claims. I know most of these were already in the public domain, but it wouldn't surprise me if City have been helping point them in the right direction.

At this point City can't do much more than rubbish the ridiculous claims made by Toure's agent, and they've done that perfectly well. We didn't recognise his birthday? He's our most 'Liked' Facebook post ever. We didn't get him a cake? Here's a video of the players singing happy birthday to him with a cake. Sheikh Mansour didn't shake his hand? Here's a picture of Sheikh Mansour and Yaya shaking hands.

Seluk's claims have been so outlandish that they were always going to garner a negative reaction, but I have no doubt that City have helped shape that a bit behind the scenes.

I actually read that and another appearing in the Daily Mail, but neither seemed convincingly from City for me. They could be. Or they could be just another in a long series fictitious reactions both papers print on a regular basis. If they are, great, now coordinate the social media team's operations with this strategy (ie, stop releasing Yaya related information right now to avoid response that is then ignored).

The key, as we agree, is to shape the narrative without clinchfisted tactics. They also need to encourage the big three listed above to include that narrative and not just the inhouse punditry (as their audience is much, much larger).

No need for official statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.