Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Dubai Blue said:
SebastianBlue said:
MCFCinUSA said:
I don't understand what you're talking about.

The only people coming off badly here are Yaya & his agent.

City have done nothing wrong, and neither do they need to respond publicly on such a farcical matter.

We do have a situation regarding our squad and who will be in it next year, and all that surrounds this, but that's nothing to do with PR initiatives.

It's not a PR problem we have at all, rather the opposite (if you want to look for REAL PROBLEMS that actually need our attention, thought & action)

Hmm, I agree we have other concerns (having other issues is not an argument against action for a specific one) but I am not sure how someone could argue this is not a PR concern for the club. You are correct in that it does not seem we have done anything wrong but anyone that has any experience in the business world knows that does not mean PR issues do not arise that require management. In fact, PR firms make quite a lot of money managing crises arising entirely from perception—this would be an example.

Are you arguing perception is not important to the affective management of the operations I listed above?
The main reason businesses reach for the nearest PR agency at a time of 'crisis' is to protect their share price. Thankfully, that's not something City need to worry about and at this stage in proceedings I don't see much we can do. The media are overwhelmingly on our side at the moment (or at least enjoying taking the piss out of Yaya). There's no need to step in at all as things stand as City aren't being damaged as yet.

Share price is one reason, yes. But I've already outlined many others. Many private companies have robust PR teams or firms even though they have no such shareholder pressure. And as I have said several times now, they do not need to have an official statement or press conference. But ignoring it as if it is not happening is not an effective away of managing this (and usually leads to the perception of not knowing what to do, or worse, not really knowing what's going on).

All this talk about his replacement & selling our marquee player is sheer folly.
Pellers have developed a well-oild team . The chemistry is there between Yaya & his peers (Nasri, Fernandihno, Aguero, Kompany, Silva, Dzeko et al). We have a fine tuned machine.

Replacing or removing this vital cog will set back our continuing success. That's a high almost 100% probability.

Lets not get irrational.

FFS he just wants a 'cake'.

Shaelumstash said:
SebastianBlue said:
Shaelumstash said:
I completely agree with you in terms on entrepreneurs and people in the business world. It is often their drive for wealth that helps them to become wealthy. Their success is measured by how much money they can make. Sportsmen are rather different though. Success is not only measured by wealth, and it is certainly not the only motivation for them.

I think your point is valid when related to Seluk, as he is a business man who's seemingly only motivation is money. I don't personally believe that is Yaya's sole motivation. I think he craves success on the pitch, and also craves the kind of recognition that the top players in the world receive. Whether that is winning personal accolades, or being the highest paid player, I don't think Yaya's sole motivation is money.

I agree with your points regarding business people and his agent. However, I think the footballing world is changing. In the past I would agree the greatest motivation for footballers was glory. But generational focuses change and I believe status has begun to become just as important. Unfortunately, in a capitalist system status is usually equated with material wealth, which requires money. The more money the more possessions one accumulates. I won't go into a long winded analysis of hyperreality in the world of sport but in short I think money and recognition are equal drivers of today's adult athletes (as is the case for the population at large). There does seem to be trend away from that with the younger generation demanding ethical satisfaction, which has its benefits and concerns, but I don't believe Yaya is of that generation (and it requires conditioning, which is where the trend has originated).

Still, these are just my thoughts.

I completely understand where you are coming from, and in the main I agree with the points you are making. However, I think sport, and football in particular, there are other measures of a player's status that are more important than personal wealth.

Samuel Eto'o was one of the highest paid players in the world at Anzhi, but if anything his status fell when he went there. Messi could have doubled his wage if he's moved to Anzhi, but he would have had no chance of winning the Balon D'Or or the Champions League, so he'd rather stay at Barca.

As I said earlier, I do think being the highest paid player is important for the top footballers, but I think their motivation is more about being seen as the best. Messi becoming the highest paid player in the world probably helps to validate his opinion that he is the best player. I think that is more important to him than the extra 3 million cash a year.

I think winning is the primary motivation for most sportsmen. You have to have that personality type as a kid to stand out in the first place. Of course the money is important, but I think it's more about what the money represents - i.e. the recognition.

The difference I think with money driven people in the business world is that the money, and material possessions are the measures of success which motivate them. They could care less about the industry accolades, because they grew up imagining having the Ferrari and the Yacht. Whereas I think most footballers grow up imagining winning the World Cup, Champions League, and Balon D'Or.

I actually agree with your points if we were discussing a footballer from the previous generation and/or from a western country. But I think Yaya's generation, from an economically impoverish region of the world (caused in no small part but the western world, mind), value money quite a bit. And the money is more than just status, but also realization of stability. Once you have it you crave to maintain it. A very similar psychological trend was studied in the US after the Great Depression (and now again after the latest recession, actually). There is some evidence of a similar cultural shift in England from what I've read as of late.

I think context is king here but I understand why you would disagree and you make a good case.

300k a week isn't enough?
City fans signing one of the best footy songs EVER sung for a player?
winning the Prem?

All this not good enough for you? you're not loved? bollocks!

- you honestly make me feel sick

it says on Twitter - everything his agent said is true - 'he speaks for me!'

ta ra yer shitter

SebastianBlue said:
Dubai Blue said:
SebastianBlue said:
Hmm, I agree we have other concerns (having other issues is not an argument against action for a specific one) but I am not sure how someone could argue this is not a PR concern for the club. You are correct in that it does not seem we have done anything wrong but anyone that has any experience in the business world knows that does not mean PR issues do not arise that require management. In fact, PR firms make quite a lot of money managing crises arising entirely from perception—this would be an example.

Are you arguing perception is not important to the affective management of the operations I listed above?
The main reason businesses reach for the nearest PR agency at a time of 'crisis' is to protect their share price. Thankfully, that's not something City need to worry about and at this stage in proceedings I don't see much we can do. The media are overwhelmingly on our side at the moment (or at least enjoying taking the piss out of Yaya). There's no need to step in at all as things stand as City aren't being damaged as yet.

Share price is one reason, yes. But I've already outlined many others. Many private companies have robust PR teams or firms even though they have no such shareholder pressure. And as I have said several times now, they do not need to have an official statement or press conference. But ignoring it as if it is not happening is not an effective away of managing this (and usually leads to the perception of not knowing what to do, or worse, not really knowing what's going on).
The club isn't ignoring it though. In fact they're doing exactly what you suggest. I've seen numerous 'leaks' today that have clearly come directly from the club indicating that City won't be budged on the Yaya issue and that they aren't even concerned by Seluk's outburst as he has a history of pulling this stunt every year. There's nothing more to say on it, which is why they're leaving it at that.

Asked if he could be playing for another club, he replied: "Yes. We never know in football. We never know."

£36 MILLION over 3 years, that's a total disrespect. Obviously.
Money grabbing agents, I wish the players would man the fuck up and stop being a bunch of stroppy teenagers. FFS

JJCMCFC said:
JJCMCFC said:
6bd444a9b03d077e0383e3a1dc879167.jpg

Or if you prefer...

h342B9AD4

Here it comes.

4POvzG2.gif

Dubai Blue said:
SebastianBlue said:
Dubai Blue said:

The club isn't ignoring it though. In fact they're doing exactly what you suggest. I've seen numerous 'leaks' today that have clearly come directly from the club indicating that City won't be budged on the Yaya issue and that they aren't even concerned by Seluk's outburst as he has a history of pulling this stunt every year. There's nothing more to say on it, which is why they're leaving it at that.

If they really are from our club than I am happy they are taking those steps. They also need to coordinate that with all of the communications teams so it does not seem one element is outside of the strategy. Which is one of my concern.s Do you have links to the 'leaks'. I've reviewed Sky, BBC, and BeIN and there have only been the usual commentary on Yaya and Seluks comments.

Yaya Toure is driven by money he lives on pure greed and to try get a new contract this way is ridiculous. If you watch the City tunnel cam, on the final day he was trying to grab his winners medal before it was even presented to him. If I was the owners I'd start paying him in cake, 200k a weeks worth of cake dumped in his garden, even Kolo can then join in and get back on his diet pills. Happy Birthday Yaya, Happy Birthday ya greedy sod !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.